Senior Director, Production Operations
KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• • Position Title: Senior Director, Production Operations
Classification: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Creative Officer
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Senior Director, Production Operations to join our growing organization. If you have experience in leading, strategy, and planning then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Senior Director, Production Operations is responsible for the production department content services and operations in support of PMGSC’s award-winning programming.
In such capacity, the Senior Director, Production Operations will work along-side other departmental heads, ensuring that all of PMGSC’s editorial and production output runs smoothly, both internally and externally.
Additionally, the Senior Director, Production Operations will be responsible for overseeing many of the department’s daily operational activities, as well as coordinating actions across the organization and liaising between external stakeholders and all internal departments (i.e. Creative Executives, Business Affairs, Legal, Marketing, Digital, Network Operations, etc.)
The Senior Director, Production Operations will also help develop and oversee departmental-wide strategic initiatives around leadership and fundraising, as well as manage strategic external communication, partnerships and collaborations.
Working closely with the Chief Content Officer, and other key departmental staff members and heads, the Senior Director, Production Operations will focus on strengthening the organization’s ability to address the stations’ needs, as well as improve and manage interdepartmental communication and success.
In addition, the Senior Director, Production Operations will support content strategy, planning and analysis, and will managed several high-profile projects as presented.
• Serves as the department liaison driving the planning, agenda and notes for production all-staff meetings, as well as cross-department project retrospective meetings; ensure learnings from retrospective meetings are revisited as needed
• Leading and setting department goals for improvement and growth.
• Promote team integration as well as cross-functional communication and collaboration
• Work independently and within a team on special projects as requested by CCO, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, and organizing department -wide meetings and events
• Participates in long range planning and scheduling for Programming and Creative
• Assist with streamlining production operations by evaluating policies and procedures to improve effectiveness and oversee the archive of all production documents
• Develop processes and systems for efficient and thorough communication between network groups and shows.
• Initiate and moderate discussions on conceptual and practical issues with various stakeholders and groups contributing across the company.
• Attract and retain production companies, line producers, and other key talent.
• Continually monitor all projects in progress with respect to creative, financial, schedule and legal concerns.
• Proven knowledge and understanding the media environment
• Working knowledge of various types of production including: documentary, reality-based, non-scripted and scripted programing.
• Ability to perform under stress, flexible, and has an awareness of the importance of maintaining relationships with key external and internal producers/companies.
• Must be extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize.
and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and relative experience
• 10 years of experience in either the commercial or public broadcasting
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.