Prospect Researcher and Manager
KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/7/2023 1:43:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Prospect Researcher and Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Prospect Researcher and Manager postings
Full Time Job
• • • Position Title: Prospect Researcher and Manager
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Donor Engagement
Location: Costa Mesa, CA, Burbank, CA & Remote
Compensation: $74,000-$84,000 Annually
Work with a Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Prospect Research Manager to join our growing organization. If you are excellent at collaborating, coordinating, communicating and working in a fast-paced environment, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Prospect Research Manager (PRM) will play a critical role in supporting the Major Gifts Team’s efforts to increase philanthropic support for the mission and strategic priorities of PBS SoCal | KCET. Reporting to the Senior Director, Donor Engagement, the PRM will: develop and implement the Major Gift Team’s prospect research strategy, conduct quality research on prospects and donors, develop methodologies to support fundraising objectives, analyze, interpret, & summarize complex financial disclosure documents, drive the moves management process, and monitoring of progress towards established metrics.
• Develop and implement the Major Gift Team’s prospect research strategy, identifying and qualifying prospects and donors for PBS SoCal | KCET including: creating and managing a procedure for prospect research and query request processes, formulating data analytic tools and practices to identify new prospects, and synthesizing research to develop concise and thorough research reports, profiles, briefing documents and recommendations
• Lead and conduct quality, ongoing, in-depth research on prospects and donors, utilizing the organization’s constituent management database, wealth and propensity screenings, relationship mapping science tools, public records and other sources
• Proactively identify and prioritize prospects to qualify and cultivate based on analysis of wealth, philanthropy, interests, engagement and PBS SoCal | KCET connections, and recommend appropriate assignment to gift officers
• Monitor economic trends through financial publications and services, SEC filings, corporate disclosures and trade publications to quantify a donor prospect’s ability to give based on new and preexisting sources of wealth, and to advise relationship managers on plans for engagement and solicitation (e.g. potential ask amounts, timing and opportunities)
• Become familiar and well-versed in current supports and their background, and proactively provide relevant alerts, information, and updates on current events and opportunities to relationship managers by using news/web content services to track developments in their careers and lives
• Actively pursue professional learning and growth regarding emerging trends and research in fundraising, prospect research, portfolio management, and advancement services
Prospect and Portfolio Management
• Develop and administer portfolio/moves management system to ensure refined, focused and balanced portfolios for the Major Gifts Team including: portfolio reviews for accuracy and proper documentation, assisting with the establishment of portfolio metrics, and
• Actively pursue professional learning and growth regarding PBS SoCal | KCET and the PBS System, as well as emerging trends in public media
• Bachelor’s degree, or relevant education or experience (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
• Must have a minimum of five years of prospect research and portfolio management experience
• Working knowledge of the fundraising principles and practices within the individual major and planned giving, foundation, and corporate giving fields
• Experienced with commonly used research subscription information services, public information databases, and related search techniques including, but not limited to iWave, ResearchPoint, RELSCI and Candid’s Foundation Directory
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to respond positively to feedback, navigate challenges, think creatively, work collaboratively, and to synthesize large amounts of information into digestible and accessible information for fundraisers and leadership
• Mastery of standard office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Office and 365 programs and products), including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Zoom and Slack
• Ability to work independently, plan, coordinate, and implement multiple projects of varying natures simultaneously under tight deadlines while exercising discretion and sound judgement
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy, and handle confidential, sensitive information with the highest degree of professionalism
• Demonstrated passion for the importance, urgency, exclusivity, and power of public media to improve lives in Southern California communities
• Proficiency with constituent management and fundraising software. Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT experience
• Familiarity and experience with the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement's (APRA) Body of Knowledge
• Member of APRA
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Additionally, the prospect researcher must also be able to effectively communicate with the many stakeholders including the community and organizational partners.
The working conditions are primarily a general office or home setting. However, the position may require off-site travel as necessary. Depending on the position, job duties, and subject to the discretion of the company, the position may be telecommuting eligible in whole or part.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.