Programming Scheduling Coordinator
KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• • Position Title: Coordinator, Program Acquisitions & Distribution
Department: Programming & Distribution
Classification: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Programming Partnerships & Distribution Manager
Location: Hybrid (Remote & Costa Mesa, CA)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a Program Acquisitions & Distribution Coordinator to join our growing organization. If you have good organization and multitasking skills, great attention to detail, and enjoy collaborating and enjoy working in a fast- pace environment, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Coordinator, Program Acquisitions & Distributions will assist in supporting a wide variety of productions, series and acquisitions with the development, packaging, distribution, delivery, and promotion of said programming at both a local and national level. The ideal candidate has the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with rigorous attention to detail and organization. The ideal candidate has good attention to detail, organizational and multitasking skills, and the ability to communicate well with people at a wide variety of levels.
Department Management 60%
• Coordinate activities between departments such as marketing, PR, programming and broadcast services
• Maintain project files and calendars for local and national programs
• Assist with providing program information to distributors and other public television stations
• Follow-up with departments to ensure contracted requirements are met
• Track national carriage of programming and update/inform clients on status
• Track ratings and program data for wrap reports
• Other duties as assigned, including but not limited to tasks given in support of programming acquisitions and scheduling
Project Management 40%
• Work alongside the Manager of Programming Partnerships & Distribution, within the Programming Department, assisting with project management of designated acquisitions, co-productions, and nationally distributed productions from initial submission to delivery
• Work with program packaging and deliverables
• Position includes some program review and critique, as it relates to PBS editorial standards and FCC rules
• Bachelor's Degree (emphasis in Broadcasting, Communications or related field preferred)
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in Broadcast Film, TV, or radio (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• High degree of organization, detail oriented and self-motivated
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to balance multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent customer service and the ability to work well with diverse personalities
• Experience using Microsoft Office and basic online platforms
• Photoshop and minimal editing skills a plus
• Prior work in public broadcasting a plus
• Interest in and knowledge of documentaries, trends, pop culture
• Experience with project management software a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.