KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION TITLE: Production Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Content Development & Production
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Production
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Production Coordinator to join our growing organization. If you are excellent at collaborating, coordinating, communicating and working in a fast-paced environment, then send your cover letter and resume to today!
The Production Coordinator is responsible for assisting Producers, Associate Producers, and Production Management in the creation of smart, original content for multiple distribution channels-on broadcast and digital platforms-with a heavy emphasis on unscripted video production, as well as occasional studio production. The ideal candidate has the ability to work collaboratively on high-quality digital video productions. They excel in working in a fast-paced environment and are excellent collaborators with rigorous attention to detail and organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Facilitate communication between core team members on their assigned show/project(s)-particularly the Producer, Associate Producer, Production Manager and Production Assistants.
• Manage the coordination of production tasks on their assigned show/project(s) as directed by the Producer, including:
• Field production as necessary (includes running audio, assisting camera and/or grip, script supervising, etc.).
• Knowledge of film permitting and coordination for on-location production.
• Organizing off-site productions in conjunction with Production Management.
• Responsible for all releases (personal, material and location) pertaining to production.
• Post production as necessary (includes logging footage, transcribing, creating graphic files, editing, media management, etc.).
• Tracking and processing licenses for sourced material (footage, archival photos and video, music, etc.).
• Continuously monitor the status of their show/project(s) using Production Department collaborative tools: Google calendars, Google drive (Google docs and sheets), the Producer Checklist, etc.
• Assist in communication with Co-Production Companies which includes:
• Help Producer track Co-Pro budgets and expenses.
• Assist Producer in creative collaboration with Co-Pro team members (includes collaboratively creating treatments, scripts, paper edits, etc.). Also assist in managing Co-Pro production and post schedules.
• Assist Producer in shepherding project through every stage: development, pre-production, production, post, delivery, air, and archiving.
• Responsible for production wrap binder in conjunction with Production Managers
• Arrange meetings and travel, manage calendars, take notes in meeting when present
• Professional judgement for handling confidential information
• Collaborate with Production Managers to meet the needs of cast and crew
• Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals.
• Attend meetings and events as requested, including evenings and weekends.
• Basic understanding of documentary field production processes: lighting, sound, camera.
• 1-2 years' experience as a production assistant on high quality video content, particularly the production, pre-production and post-production of long form documentary, episodic series and/or digital programming.
• Proficient in Adobe creative suite and database implementation.
• Expertise in Media Asset Management (MAM) software (Sony Ci, Cat DV, Avid Interplay, etc.)
• Strong attention to detail, writing/ editing skills, interpersonal/ communication skills
• Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of digital film/video post-production processes
• Proficient in editing at least one NLE software application (Adobe Premiere or AVID)
• Experience in LOG workflows
• Experience using digital cinema cameras (Arri Amira and Alexa Mini, Red cameras, Canon C300, and Sony FS7)
• Experience in sourcing and securing licensing rights for music, acquired footage, archival photos, and videos.
and Work Experience:
• Bachelor's degree; film, television, media or related field preferred.
• 2-3 years' of production experience in related roles
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online