KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2020 10:43:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer? POSITION TITLE: Producer
DEPARTMENT: Content Development and Production
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Creative Officer
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Producer to join our organization. If you are an experienced Producer, with the ability to source ideas and execute high-quality stories, then send your cover letter and resume today!
The Producer will develop and produce smart, original content for PMGSC's multiple distribution channels, on broadcast and digital platforms, with a heavy emphasis on unscripted format video, as well as studio production. The ideal candidate should be a digitally literate and socially savvy producer. Additionally, the Producer will manage the selection and delivery of greenlit series(s) selected for ''Presenting Station'' status for PMGSC.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with the Chief Content Officer and the Sr. Director of Production to develop and plan for the execution of approved programs and stories.
• Oversee all aspects of approved productions, from development, to post, manage staff and contractors who work on various shows, provide daily supervision for segment producers, editors and editorial staff
• Serve as a main point of contact and communication with outside filmmakers for local and national submissions of series selected for ''Presenting Station'' status.
• Review program submissions and advance programs and series to direct supervisor with notes and recommendations for rejection or acceptance.
• Use critical, editorial judgment to determine a program's appropriateness for PMGSC, the public television system and scheduling.
• Identify outside sources of content that support the PMGSC mission.
• Proactively reach out to program producers/prospects in order to secure local broadcast or co-production/Presenting Station contracts.
• Manage program development process including letters of interest, contracts, production schedules, delivery schedules and budgets.
• Work closely with Production Management to create production budgets and monitor expenses to stay within budgets
• Work closely with PMGSC development staff on fundraising for the series (s)
• Work closely with PMGSC comms department to market and promote the series (s)
• Continuously monitor all projects in progress with regard to time lines, budgets, update meetings, etc.
• Work closely with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals
• Attend meetings and events as requested, including evenings and weekends
• Bachelor's degree or related field preferred
• 10 years of experience in either the commercial or public broadcasting
• Must have an understanding of the media environment and ample production and content development experience.
• Ability to perform under stress, flexibility, as well as an awareness of the importance of maintaining relationships with key external and internal producers/companies
• Must be extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize
• Current experience as a producer of programs, with credits on unscripted productions.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in television management, particularly the production, pre-production and post-production of long form documentary, episodic series and/or digital programming.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Proficient with video editing software.
• Strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task with accuracy and to meet deadlines This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.