Paid Intern - Social Media
KCETLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Paid Internship
• • Position Title: Social Media Intern
Department: Marketing & Communications
Classification: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Audience Engagement Specialist
Office Location: Los Angeles (Remote)
Compensation: Paid Internship (Rate TBD)
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for an eager Communications student for our summer internship. If you are looking to spend your summer honing in on your Social Media skills while learning about the field, then send your cover letter and resume today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Social Media Intern supports PMGSC’s social media efforts. This is part of the organization’s audience engagement and marketing team, and works remotely.
• Helps locate and prepare social media assets, which may include: downloading files from assets sites, finding or requesting content for cross-post, captioning video, creating tracked urls for social sharing and cropping/creating imagery
• Monitors audience interaction and helps coordinate community management, flagging messages and comments for response in a timely manner
• Helps organize, schedule, and post content
• Assists with gathering results and contributing to reports
• Stays on top of social media trends, changes in the landscape and best practices in order to support new strategies and help maximize social media exposure
• Helps with “live” social media coverage at events as needed
• Light video and photo editing as needed
• Understanding of social media platforms
• Collaborative, collegial and resourceful, willing to pitch in on a variety of projects
• Must have an appreciation for fun and humor, along with the editorial maturity, to observe traditional guidelines of accuracy, responsible presentation, quality, and trust that are inherent to the brand.
• A curious observer of news, trends and pop culture (particularly internet and television)
• Familiarity with or interest in television production, with a focus on interactive storytelling
• Passionate about proactively learning and researching new media and emerging technologies
• Knowledge of (or interest in learning) Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and Premiere
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.