On-Air Producer / Editor
KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
POSITION TITLE: On-Air Producer/Editor
DEPARTMENT: Creative Services
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Creative and Brand Services
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for an experienced and talented Promotions Producer/Editor to join its Creative Services team. If you enjoy writing, editing, and producing creative and effective short-form content, then send your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Editor Producer reports to the Senior Director, Creative and Brand Services and is responsible for the writing, editing and production of short-form promotional video content for use on-air and within social and web platforms.
Writing and Editing
• Conceptualizes, writes and edits engaging and effective promotional spots from brief, through final delivery, to broadcast/web operations
• Develops and produces special presentations, preview reels, and radio spots for membership,
• marketing, sales, and digital within an avid based workflow
• Directs and coordinates voice-over artists, on-air talent, crew and online editors
• Media manages projects on offline and online non-linear editing systems
• Provides strategic and creative input on promo messaging based on audience, company mission, and key KPI's
• Adheres to quality standards, procedures, and style guides in all work deliverables
• Coordinates with Project Manager and Director of Creative Services to ensure deadlines are met and strategy is on target
• Works with Project Coordinator and Broadcast Ops. to ensure timely and strategic play-out of promo spots
• Reviews broadcast schedule for ongoing promotional opportunities
• Organizes and maintains promo archival media
• Stays current on promotion, social media, and marketing trends.
• Facilitates weekly Download and Tag Promo workflow with online editor
• Manages online editors/interns/outside vendors as necessary
• Under the guidance of the Legal and Communications Department contributes to campaigns in accordance with state, local, and federal regulations
• Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience in Communications or related field preferred
• 5 years of editorial/writing experience in a video promotions capacity
• Experience in Television and non-profit media preferred
• Must be flexible with the ability to shift priorities as needed
• Ability to handle daily deadline pressure, handle a multiplicity of tasks simultaneously, with a high degree of accuracy, and effectively prioritize workload
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online