KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• • • • Position Title: Marketing Specialist
Department: Marketing and Communications
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for an ambitious Marketing Specialist. If this sounds like the job for you, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Marketing Specialist supports the marketing department in achieving organizational goals through media planning. This role is responsible for optimizing advertising and campaign efforts by tracking and executing owned and paid media efforts across platforms.
35% Paid Media
• Schedule and execute digital (Google, OTT, mobile, etc.), print, and radio ads
• Request & tracking campaign creative & assets
• Organize, tag and rack ad results
• Research new ads opportunities
• Report insights and adverting ROIs monthly
• Coordinate, pay and track monthly invoices
• Balance monthly credit card statement
25% Media Trades
• Schedule and submit trade ads
• Review and track proofs
• Track performance and reporting
• Prepare and organize campaign assets
• Archive assets
• Track Campaigns
5% Promotional Priorities
• Prepare and coordinate promotional priorities cross-functionally
• Coordinate priorities on the master marketing calendar
• Experience with digital media buying (Google Display, OOT, mobile, YouTube, etc.)
• Entertainment experience preferred
• Collaborative, collegial and resourceful, willing to pitch in on a variety of projects
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time in an extremely fast-paced environment
• A curious observer, with a willingness to try & test new tactics
• Passionate about proactively learning and researching new media and emerging technologies
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree; in marketing, media production or related field preferred
• 2 years of professional experience in marketing
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.