Major Gifts Officer
KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/20/2020 3:43:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Major Gifts Officer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Major Gifts Officer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Major Gifts Officer? POSITION TITLE: Major Gifts Officer
REPORTS TO: VP, Advancement
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented fundraising professional to join our growing organization. If you are committed to developing relationships with prospective donors and being a change agent for an organization, then send your cover letter and resume today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Reporting to the Vice President of Advancement, the Major Gifts Officer will cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors to increase their involvement and support of KCET and PBS SoCal's services and the mission of Public Media Group of Southern California.
• Manage and develop a portfolio of approximately 125 prospects and donors.
• Responsible for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors in support of KCET and PBS SoCal's individual programs and combined mission.
• Regularly communicate with donors in person, on the phone and by mail.
• Attend and assist with all fundraising activities and events.
Donor Strategy and Planning
• Initiate and implement donor strategies
• Collaborate with other MGOs on the development of strategies
• Actively participate in weekly MGO meetings
• Experience in major donor cultivation and solicitation
• Understanding of and commitment to the Los Angeles community
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion and compliance with the Public Media Group of Southern California and AFP ethics policies and standards
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Successful track record of developing strong cultivation and solicitation strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage projects
• Experience in prospect research techniques and resources
• Highly organized and motivated
• Technologically savvy, with fluent use of business software systems including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and fundraising CRMs
• Proven ability to collaborate with other MGO's and organizational staff
and Work Experience:
• Bachelor's degree; Legal, finance, business administration or related field preferred
• 3 years of direct fundraising experience – specifically major and planned gifts
• A passion for Public Media This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.