KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 5/29/2020 12:43:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Junior Accountant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Junior Accountant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Junior Accountant? POSITION TITLE: Junior Accountant
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant
STATUS: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Costa Mesa
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for an organized and calculated Junior Accountant to join our team. If you are an accounting professional who enjoys helping to solve problems and working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, then send your cover letter and resume today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Junior Accountant will process accounts payable, accounts receivable and assist with month-end data entry, ensuring accuracy and timeliness. You will work in a high-volume office, processing and managing invoices for multiple locations; and work collaboratively with a team of skilled professionals in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, demonstrating precision and expertise, in order to maximize efficiency and productivity, reporting to the Senior Accountant.
• Match invoices to purchase order or contract
• Enter all invoices, check requests and expense reports into the accounting system
• Work with departments to coordinate monthly invoicing
• Assist with entry of cash receipts into accounting system, journal entries for the end of the month and account reconciliations
• Knowledge of accounting terminology and accounting principles
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Self-starter with an initiative to learn
• Aptitude for numbers and exceptional commitment to accuracy
• Team-player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
• Public Media experience a plus
and Work Experience
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• 2 years of accounts payable and accounts receivable experience This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.