KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2023 10:43:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Graphic Design Category
Search for Graphic Designer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Graphic Designer postings
Full Time Job
• • Position Title: Graphic Designer
Department: Creative Services
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Art Director
Location: Burbank, CA (Hybrid)
Compensation: $29-$30/ hourly
Work with a Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Graphic Designer to join our growing organization. If you have experience creating visual content and artwork for various media, such as advertisements, websites, and print materials, to communicate messages and concepts effectively through design elements, then submit your cover letter and resume today! We rely on the support of our viewers to remain a strong, innovative and truly independent media voice. Contributions received enhances the quality of life for our region by helping to provide content essential to an informed, educated and enlightened society.
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET and PBS SoCal) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on the internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. We provide content and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain over the air, online, in the community and in the classroom.
Public Media Group of Southern California is seeking a qualified Graphic Designer to work within the Creative Services department. The position will support the Art Director in working with the Creative Services department to produce print and digital designs for campaigns, fundraising, web, and event collateral, while advancing concepts for key art around station initiatives and original productions. This position will collaborate significantly with Creative and Marketing teams.
• Supports the Art Director and colleagues in the Creative Services department in the creation of graphic elements to enhance experiences support multi-platform creative content
• Provides design and production support to a variety of digital and print collateral, including but not limited to invitations, postcards, posters, banners, publication ads, branded items, digital ads and graphics, OTT assets, web experiences and more
• Illustrates concepts and approaches in project exploration phase, from rough layouts and sketches to presentation ready production that is aligned with brand standards
• Works with team members to ensure proper application of brand standards across on-air, print, and digital content
• Tracks progress of creative projects through project management software
• Helps archive and maintain organizational standards for a growing collection of creative assets
• Attends interdepartmental meetings as necessary
• Supports the organization of a robust flow of assets, deadlines and shifting priorities for multiple stakeholders
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design
• Demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
• Advanced knowledge of graphic standards for print, digital and social media implementation
• Basic knowledge of HTML and web development systems, and Figma preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
While performing the duties of this job, it is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The working conditions are primarily a general office or home setting. However, the position will require off-site travel to venues, printers and/or other locations as necessary. Depending on the position, job duties, and subject to the discretion of the company, the position may be telecommuting eligible in whole or part.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.