KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/1/2023 3:43:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Editor postings
Full Time Job
• • Position Title: Editor
Department: Production & Content Development
Classification: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Post Production
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Editor to join our organization. If you are an experienced editor with strong attention to detail and who enjoys working on documentaries, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Post Production and is responsible for assisting in the editing and production of program, promotional and interstitial content for Public Media Group of Southern California and its family of on-air and online services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
85% Post Production Support
• Edit and provide production support of Public Media Group of Southern California program content; promotional materials; image and community outreach spots; underwriter acknowledgements; billboards; snipes; and station identification elements.
• Consult with station personnel on production design elements.
• Provide graphic design in support of Public Media Group of Southern California’s branding and promotional strategies.
• Interface with Master Control/Production personnel as necessary for timely electronic and digital delivery of content which maintains acceptable formats and technical specifications.
15% Media Asset Management & Field/Studio Production Support
• Ingest content into station’s post production server/archive system.
• Log Public Media Group of Southern California programs; raw field and studio footage; program clips; program segments; and packages.
• Maintain Public Media Group of Southern California’s policies relative to key word search data asset management.
• Transfer digital files from camera to post production in support of productions.
• Provide field production assistance including camera, audio, and lighting support.
• Provide studio production assistance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of two years of professional experience producing and editing content for dissemination across various digital media (a combination of education and experience will be considered)
• Ability to be self-motivated and work under frequent and fast-paced deadlines with initiative and follow through.
• Ability to work individually and as a team player working cooperatively with other departments
• Experience with Adobe Premiere, AVID, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, and Blackmagic Davinci Resolve.
• Experience with video & audio signals, waveform, vector scope and color correction.
• Understanding of branding elements as they relate to a media brand.
• Experience with news and documentary filmmaking a plus.
• Field production experience including cameras, audio and lighting equipment a plus.
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to think creatively and create impactful content
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.