Director, Engagement & Impact
KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/5/2022 9:43:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Engagement & Impact jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Engagement & Impact postings
Full Time Job
This position leads the implementation and growth of PMGSC’s impact & engagement efforts, including strategy, program development and community partnerships.
• Build growth strategy and lead implementation of organization’s impact and engagement initiatives.
• Providing strategic guidance and oversight on specific impact and engagement programs, projects, and activities
• Lead development and maintenance of PMGSC Digital Local Engagement Portal
• Lead development and execution of impact and engagement activities in support of PBS National Content and PMGSC National Productions.
• Collaborate/consult on interdepartmental planning and design of content impact activities.
• Collaborate with in-house and external producers to determine and develop local content support through engagement and for community impact.
• Collaborate with advancement and underwriting departments to strategically pursue relevant funding opportunities for impact and engagement efforts.
• Design and implement data collection and impact evaluation strategy and tactics in collaboration with Business Intelligence.
• Build relationships with stations across the national PBS system to extend engagement and impact of PMGSC content into partner communities.
• Stay up to date on trending local and national community issues to inform future engagement projects.
• Manage budget, expenses and reports relating to engagement and impact.
40% Community Relations
• Lead strategy of the PMGSC Community Advisory Board, including meeting and membership administration, committee coordination, recruiting and relationship management.
• Steward and cultivate a diverse portfolio of existing community partners including local stakeholders and state wide relationships.
• Identify, initiate and develop strategies for new partnerships annually, providing significant and measurable reach and engagement opportunities; assess and maintain existing partnerships.
• Communicate internally and externally the exponential impact of partnerships to grow use and engagement with PBS SoCal | KCET’s content.
• Design partner communications strategy and implement partner communications plan in connection to extending the impact of our local content and local stories featured in National content.
• Develop new productive partnerships with external organizations such as community-based organizations, non-profits, schools, cultural institutions and universities.
• Regularly attend local meetings to ascertain community leaders’ perspective on community issues and needs.
20% Oversight & Communication
• Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate engagement and impact staff to ensure that the highest standards of excellence are maintained, individually and as a team.
• Mentors staff and provides professional development and training
• Participate and present at national educational conferences and meetings
• Regularly write and report on PMGSC’s community efforts to public media organizations including PBS, CPB, and other entities.
• Respond to inquiries, conduct daily business, and represent the station with a highly professional and personable demeanor at all times.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, 5 years of community engagement & relationship development experience in a nonprofit or media setting.
• 3 years of people management experience.
• Ability to interface effectively and positively with all levels of the organization.
• Able to cultivate relationships with targeted systems/organizations including a diverse population of community leaders and stakeholders.
• Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals.
• Outcome driven; strong project management ability; excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to work with multiple internal departments and external contacts in a professional and timely manner.
• Self-starter able to work independently while working collaboratively with colleagues.
• Innovative thinker and problem-solver.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.