Digital Services Intern
KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2022 8:43:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Digital Services Intern jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Digital Services Intern postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
• • • • Position Title: Digital Services Intern
Classification: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Digital Media Manager
Office Location: Los Angeles (Remote)
Compensation: Paid Internship (Rate TBD)
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for an organized and creative digital media student for our summer internship. If you are looking to spend your summer broadening your multi-platform digital media management skills, then send your cover letter and resume today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet-connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor-supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Digital Services Intern will help enhance the organization and presentation of PMGSC video content on various platforms. This position will report to the Digital Media Manager and includes planning and execution of metadata implementation, content migration, and general archival improvement. The Digital Services Intern will work with various video content management systems, the PBS video management system, as well as the kcet.org, pbssocal.org and linktv.org websites. The position also has opportunities for experimenting with video assets and performance on YouTube, including content selection, minor edits, and tracking/testing community features and other aspects of the platform.
• Work with Media Manager to audit and prioritize tasks for video content optimization
• Work through prioritized lists, including updates to metadata, imagery, related content and more
• Review and analyze metrics to make any tactical suggestions
• Explore opportunities for enhancement on YouTube platform in particular
• Help generate video content for platforms including YouTube, primarily from archival materials
• Conduct independent research as directed; organize and present findings
• Student of Communications, Film, Media & Entertainment, Media Management or related field
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Collaborative and able to interact with staff of varied levels and focus areas
• Observational and analytical skills; adept at creative thinking and problem solving
• Highly organized with strong detail orientation ; able to prioritize and plan work, multi-task, and meet timelines
• Service-oriented, focused on identifying and supporting the needs of others
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.