Coordinator, Production Management
KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• • • • • • Position Title: Coordinator, Production Management
Department: Production Management
Classification: Temporary, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director, Production Management
Location: Burbank, CA
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Coordinator to join our growing organization. If you are excellent at collaborating, coordinating, communicating and working in a fast-paced environment, then submit your cover letter and resume to today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Coordinator, Production Management will assist the Production Management Team in all aspects of Production from budget preparation, thru pre-production to post production in the creation of smart, original content for multiple distribution channels – on broadcast and digital platforms. The ideal candidate has the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with rigorous attention to detail and organization
75% Coordination and Administrative
• Assist & Backup Production Managers in production needs as required
• Manage Productions as assigned
• Setup Production Calendars, Binders, contact sheets as necessary, and files for productions
• Book and schedule freelance crews for production
• Assist in organizing travel and location needs for productions
• Prepare paperwork for new hires
• Coordinate events as they relate to production in partnership with Events Producer and other departments
• Assist in processing production payroll
• Manage editing calendar for personnel & rooms
• Work with departments such as Finance, Legal and Facilities as it relates to production needs
• Manage tape library, dubs, captioning, transcription needs for production as required
25% Tracking and Reporting
• Assist Production Managers in tracking financial information & cost reports for productions
• Track vendors invoices
• Track production rights & releases for guilds
• Manage shared Legal drive with updated forms, releases, contracts
• Knowledge of Television Guild & Union Contracts
• Experience in Public Media preferred, but not required
• Knowledge of Television Production
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Team Player with the ability to work well under pressure
• Self-motivated and efficient
and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree; television, broadcasting or related field preferred
• 3 years of television production experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Proof of full dosage of a COVID-19 vaccination is required for all positions that will be working onsite, or may reasonably or occasionally be called to work onsite.