KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• • Position Title: Associate Producer
Department: Content Development & Production
Classification: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director, Production
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development Opportunities
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Associate Producer to join our organization. If you are an experienced Associate Producer, with creative flair, knowledge of field production, and familiarity with digital platforms, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
The Associate Producer assists the Producer in the creation of smart, original content for multiple distribution channels—on broadcast and digital platforms—with a heavy emphasis on unscripted video production, as well as occasional studio production.
The ideal candidate should be a digitally literate, socially savvy producer who has the ability to work collaboratively on high-quality video productions. They excel in working in a fast-paced environment and are excellent collaborators with rigorous attention to detail and organization.
100% Video Production
• Support the Producer on their assigned show/project(s).
• Manage day to day production tasks on their assigned show/project(s) as directed by the Producer, including:
• Field production as necessary (includes running audio, assisting camera and/or grip, script supervising, etc.)
• Film permitting and coordination for on-location production
• Post production as necessary (includes logging footage, transcribing, creating graphic files, editing, media management, etc.)
• Tracking and processing licenses for sourced material (footage, archival photos and video, music, etc.)
• Continuously monitor the status of their show/project(s) using Production Department collaborative tools: Microsoft One Drive calendars, Microsoft One Drive drive (Word docs and Excell sheets), the Producer Checklist, etc.
• Assist in communication with Co-Production Companies which includes:
• Helping Producer track Co-Pro budgets and expenses.
• Assisting Producer in creative collaboration with Co-Pro team members (includes collaboratively creating treatments, scripts, paper edits, etc.).
• Assisting Producer in managing Co-Pro production and post schedules.
• Contributing to KCET’s creative notes in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Assisting Producer in shepherding project through every stage: development, pre-production, production, post, delivery, air, and archiving.
• Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals.
• Attend meetings and events as requested, including evenings and weekends.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• 2-3 years experience producing high quality video content, particularly the production, pre-production and post-production of long form documentary, episodic series and/or digital programming.
• Advanced knowledge of documentary field production processes:
• Capable of lighting, running audio, and filming for documentary style productions
• Advanced knowledge of digital film/video post-production processes:
• Proficient in editing in at least one NLE software application: either Adobe Premiere or AVID.
• Understanding of working in Log workflows for filming/editing/color correcting.
• Understanding of using digital cinema cameras (eg. Arri Amira and Alexa Mini, RED cameras, Canon C300, and Sony FS7).
• Experience in sourcing and securing licensing rights for music, acquired footage, archival photos and videos.
• Familiar with film permitting and coordination for on-location production
• Excellent research, writing and editing skills.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
• Strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task with accuracy and to meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
and Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree; film, television, media or related field preferred.
• 2-3 years of production experience in producing related roles.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.