Associate Media Manager
KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2020 10:43:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Associate Media Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Media Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Media Manager? POSITION TITLE: Associate Media Manager
DEPARTMENT: Content Development & Production
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Associate Director, Production
LOCATION: Burbank, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work With Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a talented Associate Media Manager to join our growing organization. If you are enthusiastic, flexible, inventive and great at multi-tasking, then send your cover letter and resume today!
The Associate Media Manager functions as the technical expert for the department. This position will work with department management to create and support media systems in post-production. The Associate Media Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining databases to manage all media. The Associate Media Manager will work with Producers, Associate Producers, Production Coordinators and Editors across various productions to organize and maintain all video assets. The ideal candidate excels working in a fast-paced environment with rigorous attention to detail and organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Handle a full range of support functions with media database systems and software. These functions include but are not limited to ingesting, cataloguing, documentation and archiving.
• Handle daily media management tasks on their assigned show/project(s) as directed by the Producer, including: logging footage, transcribing, creating graphic files, editing, media organization, media requests, etc.
• Facilitate communication between core team members on their assigned show/project(s)-particularly the Producer, Associate Producer, Production Coordinator and Editor. Communicate with Co-Production Companies.
• Responsible for ingesting media from daily productions and sending out dailies when necessary.
• Manage retrieval of all finished video assets and maintain in-house production equipment.
• Organize video files for efficient access as well as organize production-related material.
• Work closely and collaboratively with colleagues to jointly meet company-wide goals.
• Basic understanding of documentary field production processes.
• Proficient in Adobe creative suite and database implementation.
• Expertise in Media Asset Management (MAM) software (Sony Ci, Cat DV, Avid Interplay, etc.)
• Strong attention to detail, writing/ editing skills, interpersonal/ communication skills
• Ability to multi-task with accuracy and meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of digital film/video post-production processes
• Proficient in editing at least one NLE software application (Adobe Premiere or AVID)
• Experience in LOG workflows
• Experience using digital cinema cameras (Arri Amira and Alexa Mini, Red cameras, Canon C300, and Sony FS7)
• Experience in sourcing and securing licensing rights for music, acquired footage, archival photos, and videos.
and Work Experience
• Bachelor's degree; film, television, media or related field preferred.
• 3 years' of production experience preferably in DIT work and unscripted productions. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.