KCETLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• • • • • • Position Title: Ambassador
Department: Impact and Engagement
Classification: Seasonal, Part- Time, Non-Exempt (as needed)
Reports to: Impact Manager
Location: Costa Mesa, as needed across Southern CA
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a friendly and outgoing individual to join our organization. If you enjoy engaging with community members, learning about Southern California history and culture, and sharing information and resources, then submit your cover letter and resume today!
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
A PMGSC Ambassador will engage with viewers and community participants at various events throughout Southern California, as well as provide support in preparation for education workshops and additional organizational projects. Events will include but are not limited to: screenings, book signings, concerts, and education workshops. It is the Ambassador’s role to assist with the promotion of PBS SoCal | KCET programs, events, and content and educate the public on PMGSC’s mission and vision.
• Represent the organization at community and professional events to promote the PBS SoCal |KCET brand in a personable and professional manner
• Utilize word of mouth techniques, flyers and other marketing tools to increase awareness of PBS SoCal and KCET events and programming
• Demonstrate and communicate knowledge of local and national PBS programming and public media system
• Adhere to all PMGSC branding guides and exemplify professional behavior when soliciting support for PBS SoCal and KCET
• Assist with packing and distributing educational materials
• Assist with maintenance, transportation, inventory and other organization promotional items and/or materials
• Occasionally participate in remote work, including virtual events, data entry and research
• Offer additional support in assisting the education and marketing departments to promote the PBS SoCal and KCET brands and achieve our organization’s mission
• Other duties as assigned.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Access to reliable transportation
• Flexible schedule preferred with ability to work weekdays, nights and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.