KCETLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/31/2022 2:43:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Advancement Coordinator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Advancement Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
• • Position Title: Advancement Coordinator
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Associate Director, Institutional Planned Giving
Location: Remote (Burbank – as needed)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities.
Work with Purpose!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for an Advancement Coordinator to join our growing organization. If you have an interest in fundraisingthe non-profit sector, and have strong administrative skills, please submit your cover letter and resume today.
About Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels – KCET and PBS SoCal – are available for free on internet – connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor- supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in-person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Advancement, the Advancement Coordinator will have the opportunity to participate in multiple Advancement functions. The individual will be responsible for coordinating meetings and miscellaneous materials as well as work collaboratively with other departments across the organization.
50% Planned Giving Coordination
• Planned Giving prospect research in conjunction with outside vendors and PMGSC’s Data Analyst
• Coordinate stewardship to engage and recognize current and future PMGSC Legacy Society Members
• Collaborate with other PMGSC internal department to actively promote planned giving through multiple communication channels
• Track and report planned gifts for the planned giving team
• Track and input planned giving donor activity in CRM software
• Draft internal and external correspondence for planned giving team (e.g. mass mailings)
• Assist in securing donor testimonials for use in planned giving marketing promotional materials
• Schedule and calendar both internal and external Planned Giving meetings
• Manage Planned Giving files on Advancement’s shared drive
45% Institutional Giving Coordination
• Coordinate funder meetings (i.e. scheduling, catering, developing briefing materials, and drafting agendas)
• Schedule meetings with funders, Institutional Giving staff and other departments
• Prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence for institutional funders, including drafting materials for executive level staff
• Collect and prepare supplementary materials for proposals and reports
• Proofread materials, as assigned
• Prospect for new grant opportunities through databases, funding newsletters, leads provided by individuals, and other sources
• Manage Institutional Giving CRA’s, pledge forms and database coordination
5% Departmental Coordination
• Schedule and calendar departmental meeting (including small group meetings) and coordinate agendas
• Attend meetings as assigned
• Other duties as assigned
• Two or more years of direct fundraising experience (institutional giving or planned giving preferred)
• Understanding of the grant/ institutional giving process (grant writing & grant management)
• Understanding multiple fundraising streams (institutional, planning giving, and major gifts)
• Attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Proven time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Combination of experience and education will be considered
• Familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Pro
• Familiarity with budget preparation and understanding
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is required for all PMGSC employees working onsite (regularly or occasionally).