Trainee - Video Scoreboard
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Job
Job Title: Trainee-Video Scoreboard
Job Summary: The Kansas City Royals are seeking a Video Scoreboard Trainee who will assist a team dedicated to producing the most engaging and exciting game presentation in baseball.
This position will help operate scoreboard equipment, edit videos, create motion graphics and assist in general gameday production at Kauffman Stadium.
• Operate gameday positions running equipment like those listed below:
• Ross XPression, EVS Replay, EVS IP Director, Ross Acuity, etc.
• Assist in the development and creation of video and graphic assets related to game day and event content
• Assist in the organization, management and verification of game day and event content
• Assist with footage requests and administrative duties
• Other duties as assigned
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
• 2 years of professional experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
• 1 year of experience working in live game productions
• Must be creative, enthusiastic, willing to learn and self-driven
• Demonstrate the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously & meet deadlines
• Familiarity with both Mac OS and Windows
• Able to work and thrive in a high stress, time specific environment
• Willing to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• Knowledge and enthusiasm for baseball
• 9-month commitment (February 2024 – October 2024)
• Ability to lift items weighing as much as 15 pounds
• Must be able to work in a seated position for majority of workday
• Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
• Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
• Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
• Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.