Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Paid Internship
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations, and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
*The Trainee positions take place only within the 2021 season, and there should not be an expectation of full-time employment upon its conclusion.
Job Summary: This Video Content Intern will assist in all aspects of social video production for the Kansas City Royals. This includes shooting and editing video, creating motion graphics, and being involved in game-day production. Candidates need to have experience with professional cameras and advanced knowledge with editing in Adobe Premiere and After Effects. This position is a one-season commitment with pay.
• Produce and edit video content for the Kansas City Royals Social Video team
• Operate cameras – Shoot live baseball action, fan footage, community events, and interviews
• Develop, create, and produce motion graphics
• Log In-Game Clips and interviews, media storage organization
• Captioning of Social Videos
• Photograph promotional items and events
• Act as Production Assistant during shoots
• Assist Content Producers during the editing process with music selection and other tasks
• Player and social competitor research – update team weekly on video trends
• Actively participate in the creative development process
• Assist with footage requests and administrative duties
• Other duties as assigned
• You must include your professional production reel with your resume to be considered
• Minimum of 1 year professional/freelance experience shooting and editing videos
• Advanced skills in Adobe Premiere
• Candidates must be creative, enthusiastic, willing to learn and self-driven
• Demonstrate the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Mac OS
• Willing to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
• Strong knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite Programs: Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop
• Advanced motion graphics and animation skills
• Experience with Sony A7s III cameras for photography and videography
• Experience working with video and photo equipment – Lights, Gimbals, Tripods, mics
• Knowledge and enthusiasm for baseball