Trainee-Digital & Social Media
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2021 6:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Trainee-Digital & Social Media jobs in Kansas City-MO
Search all Trainee-Digital & Social Media postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Trainee-Digital & Social Media?
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations, and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
*The Trainee positions take place only within the 2021 season, and there should not be an expectation of full-time employment upon its conclusion.
Job Summary: The Digital & Social Intern will assist with day-to-day Digital & Social Media operations from March through the end of the 2021 Royals baseball season.
• Develop engaging content for club's social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn through photography, copy writing and graphic design
• Maintain organizational social media calendar
• Assist in creating and developing social media campaigns
• Monitor and report on digital trends and industry social networks
• Assist with royals.com updates and email communication
• Create content for royals.com and the MLB Ballpark App
• Organize and archive photos from all games and events
• Organize and report on analytics for all digital and social media platforms, including a weekly social report
• Keep track and organize all social media posts, initiatives and campaigns throughout the season
• Attend the majority of Royals home games and assist in gathering and posting social media content featuring Marketing and Community events, fans and game action with heavy focus on Instagram Stories
• Communicate and collaborate with MLB and departments throughout the Royals organization on digital and social media initiatives throughout the season
• Assist with internal giveaway distribution
• Assist gameday video staff in various tasks, including card running
• Other administrative duties as assigned by the Marketing Department
• Bachelor's Degree study in a related program
• Avid user of social media (experience using on behalf of a business preferred)
• Social analytics experience preferred
• Practical graphic design experience
• Background in photography/video preferred
• Baseball knowledge and/or knowledge of the Kansas City Royals organization
• Familiar with Microsoft Applications; experience with Adobe Creative Suites a plus
• Strong interpersonal, organization and customer service skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Position requires attendance at most Royals home games
• Ability to work March through the end of the season
• Possess a professional attitude that is customer service oriented
• Ability to work in outside elements including heat, rain, cold and snow
• Required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances and lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
• Available to work 35 hours weekly including holidays, evenings and weekends
• Spanish-speaking candidate preferred, but not required
EOE/M/F/D/V This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.