Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Job
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations, and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
*The Trainee positions take place only within the 2021 season, and there should not be an expectation of full-time employment upon its conclusion.
Job Summary: To provide a student of recent student with the opportunity to learn about the sports industry at the Major League Baseball level. Candidate will gain valuable experience in the day to day operation of a corporate sales team. Candidate will learn how to help maximize sales opportunities and assist in the service, execution, and fulfillment of all partnership agreements.
• Coordinate ticket requests internally with the ticket office
• Coordinate season-long fulfillment projects such as enter-to-win contests
• Attend homestand meetings and other departmental meetings as needed
• Assist with on-site events such as youth clinics, hospitality events, etc.
• Work with one (1) key year-long project as determined by Corporate Sales staff for real-world education of intern. Project examples include: analysis of stadium signage and enhancement recommendations, analysis of Royals vendors and possible sponsors, etc.
• Other related duties as assigned
• Current college student or recent graduate with degree in Marketing, Communications, Sports Marketing or equivalent experience
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and customer service skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving, presentation skills
• Ability to function in fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft computer applications, specifically in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
• Available to start by January 31 and work through the end of the baseball season
• Available to work a flexible schedule including holidays, weekends, and evenings