Paid Intern - Ticket Operations
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Paid Internship
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations, and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
*The Trainee positions take place only within the 2021 season, and there should not be an expectation of full-time employment upon its conclusion.
Job Summary: The Ticket Operations Intern will assist the Ticket Office staff with their daily operations. Reporting to the Ticket Operations Manager, the Intern is responsible for providing superior customer service to fans at the box office, providing support for the Sales and Services departments, and assisting with various initiatives. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
• Assist with review of Royals online ticket offers
• Process season, group, single game, and internal ticket orders
• Assist in game day operations including fan support, and walk-up ticket sales
• Maintain patron records in the Royals ticketing software and related systems
• Assist in creating digital ticketing guides/manuals for website and employee staff
• Provide support to gameday ticket seller staff
• Print and distribute ticket orders when necessary
• Provide operations support to the Ticket Sales and Ticket Services departments
• Create, update and maintain operation manuals and sales reports
• Implement new ideas to improve the day-to-day efficiency of the Ticket Operations department
• Conduct research on trends within the industry as it relates to ticketing
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university or have graduated from an accredited college or university
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Strong written and oral communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
• Provide outstanding customer service while working in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills