Paid Intern - Mascot
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Paid Internship
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations, and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
*The Trainee positions take place only within the 2021 season, and there should not be an expectation of full-time employment upon its conclusion.
Job Summary: Position is responsible for assisting the Mascot Coordinator in executing all elements of the Best Mascot in Major League Baseball, Sluggerrr.
• Perform as a backup mascot at events as designated by Mascot Coordinator
• Assist Mascot Coordinator in Booking, Promoting and Executing Internal and External Appearances
• Assist in Gameday Operations for Sluggerrr
• Prop Building
• Music Editing
• Video Editing
• Social Media – Keep Content Fresh and up to date on social media platforms of Sluggerrr
• Maintain Office Hours
• Conduct Industry Research
• Help Develop School Shows
• Assist Full Time Mascot at designated appearances
• Maintain and Clean Costumes/Wardrobe/Locker Room/Props
• Provide creative assistance
• Provide logistical assistance to mascot during appearances
• Adhere to Mascot Program rules
• General Office Duties
• Other duties as assigned by Mascot Coordinator
• One year commitment (February 2021 – January 2022)
• Passion for mascots, mascot performance and sports entertainment
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
• Must have highlight video for review
• Ability to be trained, coached, and critiqued to perform ''in character''
• Experience performing in a costume or in front of crowds as a Mascot, or other professional entertainer at the college, minors, corporate or professional level
• Must be creative and understand non-verbal acting and communication
• Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
• Must be in a physical state that allows you to perform under extreme conditions
• Possess a basic knowledge of Major League Baseball
• Must be between 5'11'' – 6'4''
• Must provide a headshot and current full body photo
• Reliable Transportation
• Must be available holidays, weekends, evenings