Director Of Event Operations
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for the successful execution of all stadium events. This includes hiring, training and supervising 200 active game day staff members and overseeing the personnel and operational activities relating to game day activities and outside events, evaluating and maintaining the Guest Services Program and training all departments within the organization on this program.
• Responsible for the recruitment process for part time game day staff which includes maintaining job descriptions of game day staff and interviewing and hiring all game day staff
• Execute and evaluate the training program for game day staff so that the training is effective and meets the needs of our fans/guests
• Train and counsel part time game day employees
• Oversee the personnel and operational activities relating to game day activities and outside events
• Act as Team representative in response to all incidents occurring at events
• Maintain and oversee comprehensive emergency operating plans providing oversight for Safety and Security
• Oversee the general crowd control departments - Police, Whelan Security, First Aid, KCFD and other outside organizations
• Responsible for game day supervision of all game day staff
• Create policies and procedures to solve any problems that may arise
• Create and maintain department budget
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in Hospitality related field or Sport Administration
• 5 years experience in the hospitality field, event management, or facility management
• 3 years supervisory experience preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
• Experience with ABI Payroll System preferred
• ICS 100-400 through FEMA preferred
• Strong time management & organizational skills
• Effective writing, telephone & verbal communication skills
• Able to work independently or in a team environment & prioritize and handle multiple projects
• Able to work in high-pressure environment
• Possess a superb professional attitude that is customer service oriented
• Available to work flexible hours to include holidays, weekends, evenings & game events
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have 5 years experience in the hospitality field, event management, or facility management?
• Do you have 3 years of supervisory experience?
• Do you have experience with ABI payroll system?
• Do you have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Hospitality related field or Sport Administration?