Copywriter & Design
Kansas City RoyalsKansas City, MO
This was removed by the employer on 1/19/2021 6:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Copywriter & Design jobs in Kansas City-MO
Search all Copywriter & Design postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Copywriter & Design? Job Summary: Responsibilities include working with the Manager, Creative Services to develop ideas for the Royals brand across all platforms and materials for the organization.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the Kansas City Royals brand, voice, and overall marketing strategy. This role will serve as a strategic partner to departments across the club
• Creative thinker and problem solver who's comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Possess the ability to integrate the brand through multiple mediums and platforms
• Write compelling, consistent, and engaging copy for projects consisting of, but not limited to: email copy, subject headlines, press releases, webpage copy, presentation decks, pitch stories, advertising campaigns and on-air reads
• Proactive and can prioritize workload. Long-standing copy on certain mediums will need to be reviewed. What has the most impact vs. the time it takes?
• Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
• Concept, collaborate, and assist in visualization of scripts for in-stadium activations, social content, and television commercials
• Ability to work both independently and desire to work collaboratively within larger group discussions, brainstorms, and meetings
• Help create, organize, and present effective presentations and help other creative team/organization members do the same
• Stay on top of evolving industry behaviors, inside and outside of sports, and apply insights into creative and strategic approach
• Collaborate regularly with external stakeholders including Major League Baseball representatives and any contracted help.
• Maintains projects through precise proofing of all materials
• Create simple yet effective social, email, and web ads as assigned
• Assist in producing PowerPoint presentations and any additional visual design projects as assigned
• Any additional duties as assigned
• Must possess a diverse writing portfolio. Include a link to some or all of: long-form, advertising, product, and sub-editing skills
• Include a link to any design portfolio or relevant experience
• The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Design or a related field and at least 2-4 years professional experience
• Must have knowledge of operating Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop. Illustrator and InDesign a plus
• Must possess a learner's mentality and be willing to learn and assist with new visual design applications as needed
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint Presentation.
• Successful candidate should exhibit meticulous attention to detail, possesses strong verbal and written communication skills, be organized, and able to prioritize and manage many projects at a given time
• Must have strong communication skills: must be comfortable with engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills
• Must be able to work is in line with style guides and branding for the Kansas City Royals and their partners
• Must be flexible & reliable team player, both within own department and
• Must possess a strong ability to manage one's own time, seek clarification when uncertain and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
• Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion with regard to interpersonal relationships
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use upmost discretion when privy to sensitive information
• Must have the ability and willingness to work flexible hours (i.e. nights and weekends around games)
EEO/F/M/D/V This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.