Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Chief Meteorologist jobs in Lafayette-LA
Search all Chief Meteorologist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Chief Meteorologist? Are you a Meteorologist ready to further your career and forecasting abilities in one of the most dynamic weather markets in the country? Would you like to be a part of a great weather team while living in the home of tremendous culture and a way of life centered around being outdoors? If so, KADN News15, the NBC and FOX affiliate in Lafayette, LA is looking for you! We are looking for a Chief Meteorologist for our Storm Team who will primarily anchor evening newscasts but will also work mornings/weekends as needed.
• Produce and present clear and accurate forecasts which tell a story and connect with viewers
• Alert viewers to the threat of severe weather
• Work closely with news director and producers to determine relevant, promotable weather content in breaking and everyday situations
• Author text, graphic, picture, and video forecasts and weather stories for broadcast, digital, and social media platforms
• Utilize social media to gather and distribute weather information
• Report live during weather events
• Work a flexible schedule including morning, evening, or weekend shifts.
• Be a confident and dynamic on-air presenter
• Have a professional on-air presence
• Possess a strong science background
• Able to clearly explain the weather story, by utilizing graphics and video, in a way that helps our audience prepare for various weather conditions
• Be an excellent communicator and able to work well with a team
• Be proficient with the tools and technology needed to author, produce, and deliver forecasts, severe weather coverage, and weather information.
• A Bachelor's degree in meteorology, atmospheric science or other relevant science degree is preferred
• Previous on-air experience presenting weather and news information is preferred
• AMS Seal Preferred