Paid Intern - Production
Jumpcut, Inc.Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Paid Internship
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
At BLU YAM, we create viral ads for cool products. Here's some of our recent work:
- Flex: Mess-Free Period Sex
- Viral Academy: Future You
We are now increasing the budget of our ads and are looking for a Production Intern to help us ramp up.
We plan to produce one new ad per month, but as our organization continues to grow, the number and diversity of ad content will steadily increase. Your job will be to help our production team and execute on all logistics.
WHO YOU ARE WORKING WITH:
You will be working closely with our leadership and reporting to our CEO, Kong. You will also be working alongside a seasoned creative team of viral video experts who have generated over 1 billion organic views. Our team is still small (but amazing), and every single person holds a tremendous amount of input and weight.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
In a nutshell, the Production Intern will be involved in all things production including, but in no way limited to the following:
- Contributing to creative meetings and brainstorms
- Assisting with the casting process for video shoots (posting to casting websites, booking talent).
- Researching potential shooting locations.
- Assisting the editing and marketing departments when needed.
- Assisting with shooting, editing and all other video production aspects of any and all shoots.
FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST HAVE:
- 1-2 years experience, and/or education in video production with skill sets in time management, organizing, writing, editing and shooting video.
- Basic working knowledge of a video recording, including lighting, audio and camera work. Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills and time management skills.
- An over-the-top optimistic, ''go-getter'' attitude willing to step in at any time when needed. The ability to learn on the fly and contribute right away.
- The ability to work in a fast paced production environment.
- The ability to adapt to last-minute changes in schedules and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter that is able to see a task through all stages until completion.
BENEFITS, PERKS AND COMPENSATION:
We've got some pretty sweet digs, and a full suite of benefits.
Compensation is competitive. We want a production intern to work with us for the next 3 months. This is a FULL-TIME position for 8 hours a day, overtime paid at 1.5x, and the rate is minimum wage or $14.25 an hour.
If you do well, there is an opportunity to be hired full-time. We've had 4 former production interns be hired for full-time roles in the last 2 years.
- Your resume
- Link to your reel and/or best work
- Your GPA and major in college
Note that if the requirements above are not submitted, your application will NOT be passed on to the next round. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online