JS Casting Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
Casting Assistant Position
Casting office specializing in reality television is seeking a Casting Assistant. The Casting Assistant will work in a highly collaborative environment alongside the Casting Director, Casting Producers and Casting Associates, supporting the day-to-day operations of the office. The position would begin ASAP for approximately 4-6 weeks. Casting experience is a plus. Should be extremely detail-oriented.
Responsibilities may include:
• Creatively source qualified candidates for the diverse shows we are working on (this includes cold calling, as well as internet searches and networking)
• Conduct extensive outreach/research to target the best candidates
• Office organization, scanning, filing, copying, office errands, production runs
• Input and track important data that is crucial to the casting process
• Support associates and producers in casting interviews
• Review information submitted by potential cast and use independent discretion to determine if they should be booked for a follow-up call
• Conduct in-depth pre-interview calls and use independent judgment to determine if applicants should be booked for a full interview
• Provide casting associates and producers with insightful recommendations regarding potential cast
• Collaborate with your casting team in all aspects of the casting process
• Any other duties to support office organization and the overall casting process
• Bachelors degree
• At least 1 year experience in reality casting or tv/film
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Able to effectively oversee various tasks/subsections of the casting process with minimal oversight
• Detail oriented and well organized with the ability to think and communicate strategically
• Team player who is quick on their feet and is comfortable with a fast pace and variable deadlines
• Must be proficient using Mac computers
• Must be comfortable with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
• Video/ digital equipment skills
• Ability to work remotely
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online