Intern - Video Editing/Graphic Design
Josh at the MoviesRemote, US
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Internship Start Date/Season: Fall 2023
Internship Duration: As long as you wish; our interns work with us on average for 3-6 months
Time/Days Required: Be able to check slack daily for smaller tasks, but realistically, 3-10 hours max a week unless during a festival or if editing an interview
Josh at the Movies is a film website, founded in 2021, that reviews upcoming films and provides exclusive written and video interviews with captivating casts and directors. We have covered Tribeca Film Festival, SXSW, TIFF, and Sundance, as well as a great majority of mainstream releases.
As we expand, we are looking for help primarily in video editing for our zoom cast interviews for YouTube, as well as in launching our social media profiles. We currently have another video editing intern, and you will be splitting the projects. With the ongoing strike, interviews may be temporarily on hold, but we hope you can help support our team in other areas, such as writing reviews.
Our ideal candidate is a current college student who has at least 2 years of experience working with (not necessarily in an internship but is fully comfortable in software) Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects. The role will also include assistance in managing and coming up with content for our social media pages. We are a very early stage media organization. We are fully remote, though based in New York, and the ideal candidate would be as well, or at least EST time. You'll need to be a quick learner, detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks. You will not be considered without a portfolio or samples of your video work.
As we are currently doing this as a hobby and not for profit, the internship will be unpaid, but there is a great opportunity to sharpen your video, design, writing, and social skills.
• Edit zoom video recordings (1-3 per month) into video content for YouTube
• Resize previously created assets
• Design placeholder posters to run with festival reviews
• Design marketing assets to promote our interviews
• Create video clips/snippets for social media
• Help build our brand Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages
• Willing to wear many hats and assist in different areas of the site
Required Experience & Knowledge:
• Enrolled in bachelor's degree in video production, film, graphic design, art direction or a related field is preferred
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Illustrator)
• Experience with Slack
• Must be organized, dependable and possess the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to perform duties independently
• Team player
• Comfortable being pushed outside of your comfort zone in a true start-up environment, with the ability to be flexible
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Interest in movies and the entertainment industry
Please also answer these questions below:
• Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
• We must fill this position urgently. Can you start immediately?
• How many years of Graphic Design experience do you currently have?
• How many years of work experience do you have with Adobe Photoshop?
• How many years of work experience do you have with After Effects?
• How many years of work experience do you have with Adobe Premiere Pro?
• Are you able to regularly communicate with the team on a daily basis and follow directions?
• On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the most, 1 being the least), how much do you stay on top of new film and television releases?
• On a scale of 1 to 5, how comfortable are you with smart objects, masks, and adjustment layers in Photoshop?
• Would you be interested in writing movie reviews from time to time? (It is okay if not, but you will have the opportunity to if you wish.) Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online