John Gore OrganizationSalt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Broadway Across America's Mountain Region presents 20-30 touring Broadway titles per year in Albuquerque, Boise, Salt Lake City and Monterrey, Mexico. The marketing assistant is a vital part of the team assisting the Director of Regional Marketing in the tactical implementation of advertising, promotions and public relations in these markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Executes advertising plans with direction from the Director of Regional Marketing.
• Works with internal and venue partner accounting teams to manage client billing. Responsible for collection and creation of appropriate back up, accounting forms and reporting.
• Prepares final advertising documentation for settlement with shows and partners.
• Maintains communication with media reps, vendors, press agents, and venue partners.
• Traffics all electronic, print and interactive ads for all engagements with the creative team in New York City.
• Assists in creating and maintaining planning calendars for multiple aspects of single ticket and season ticket marketing.
• Interacts with ticketing staff on promotional and trade ticket requirements. Assists in communications with ticketing team about marketing initiatives.
• Facilitates approval process with shows and our New York City headquarters.
• Maintains email blast schedules with venue partners and facilitates any outside email blast requests from local arts groups; works with Director of Regional Marketing on creation of content.
• Maintains brand consistency across all marketing collateral.
• Assists Group Sales and Sponsorship teams in execution of collateral and promotional needs.
• Supports, with guidance of Director of Regional Marketing and Regional Executive, a healthy partnership between BAA, venue partners, and TMD in NYC.
• Interacts with shows, partners and printers to coordinate proofs and approval of all show programs/playbills.
• Attends partner marketing meetings/special committees to represent marketing team.
• Assists with securing and execution of special events, such as cast parties, promotional events and subscriber promotions. Manages invitations, RSVPS and guest lists.
• Attends all events and opening nights.
• Works with TMD staff in NYC and shows to develop new partnerships and third party promotions.
• Liaises with current grassroots promotional contacts and develops new partnerships for non-media promotional ideas
• Assists the director of regional marketing with occasional press interviews or events, including escorting talent and overseeing interviews.
• Maintains and/or coordinates all social media campaigns for the Broadway Series including consistent presence over all social media platforms and cross promotions; incorporates national Broadway and show updates to local Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
• Writes copy and conceives posts with an keen sense of brand voice.
Qualifications and skills needed:
Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Marketing, preferred.
Proficient in Excel and Word.
Experience with digital marketing and social media platforms, KPIs, scheduling tools, tracking tools and analytics.
Attention to detail, proof-reading, copy-editing skills
Ability to work on multiple projects at a time with good time management skills in order to meet deadlines.
Ability to take a positive team approach to working with coworkers.
Must be willing to work nights and weekends as needed.
Reliable transportation to and from venue is essential
The John Gore Organization offer competitive compensation including Vacation and Holiday Pay, health & welfare benefits, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Salary requirements must be included for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The John Gore Organization is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The John Gore Organization recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. The John Gore Organization may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.