Junior Creative Editor
DigitalFilm TreeUniversal City, CA
Full Time Job
Junior Creative Editor
DigitalFilm Tree, a post and production veteran facility in Los Angeles, is a leader in cloud based dailies, remote editorial and finishing, VFX, previsualization, archival services and on site/in house needs. We are an authority in cyber security for media & entertainment with ongoing R&D efforts that have contributed meaningful software applications to our community. As a multi talented collective of thought leaders, DigitalFilm Tree is hoping to add another super hero to our team in our editorial department.
Our editorial department is meticulous with details, deadline focused, but able to pivot under shifting priorities, team-oriented problem solvers who are hands-on and take pride in their work as well as helping others. Must demonstrate an ability to work within our collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others in addition to comforting the Creative Editor.
Soft Skills we seek:
• Interdisciplinary: meaning we all possess more than one strength across the scope of facility needs (i.e. our CTO is also our Senior Colorist, our Director of Content is also an authority in billing and data security, our Online Editor is also one of our content producers, etc.)
• Clear Communicator: Context is incredibly important to us. Because of the large scope of innovation we put forward, teams could easily lose track of what hand is doing that impacts the other. We prioritize efficiency, but never at the cost of leaving anyone in the dark.
• Endlessly Curious: While we respect the advancement being made outside of DFT, we know we have an incredibly gifted team of people in house who are and have built some of the most progressive M&E platforms in use on cutting edge shows. So we're constantly learning, building, breaking, battle testing and imagining new solutions for our client partners and do our best to remain brand and workflow agnostic.
In addition to comfort with the above, the Junior Creative Editor will be working in a fast-paced, busy facility (some WFH may be possible), from 11am-7:30pm with a robust and exceptionally gifted team of creative technologists who are well known for their speed and attention to detail.
* Receiving and processing materials - both in house and from clients
* Maintaining organization and documentation of work
* Work with DFT podcast producers on notes, B roll and stringouts
* Prepping and delivering previews and finals to in house and external clients
* Exporting and Importing various shots or LUTS from VFX, color, titling, etc.
* Quickly identifying problems in client turnovers and effectively communicating those issues
* Creating scalable workflows that multiple collaborators can easily understand and adopt
Experience & Education:
* Avid, DaVinci Resolve, Google suite, Adobe Creative Suite
* Knowledge of HDR highly preferred
* Knowledge of delivery specs
* Applying LUTs and CDLs
* Mac OS X and windows
* Ability to troubleshoot
* Competence of understanding video standards
* Ability to shift priorities and organize time efficiently in remote environment
If the above sounds like you and you're looking to join one of the strongest and most innovative teams in town, we'd love to hear from you!
2) Are you willing to work onsite? Provide your Covid vaccination card and take regular Covid tests should the need arise?
3) What's one movie or TV show that you often reference as one of your favorite editorial works?
4) Are you comfortable with working from 11am to 7:30pm (hours subject to change)? Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online