DigitalFilm TreeUniversal City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/25/2021 1:46:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for VFX Coordinator jobs in Universal City-CA
Search all VFX Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
In House Post Coordinator, Creative Services
*Role is open due to internal promotion.
DigitalFilm Tree (DFT), is a veteran post and production facility in Los Angeles. We're leaders in pre-visualization, cloud based dailies, remote editorial and delivery, Color, VFX, archival services and on site/in home finishing. We are an authority in cyber security for media & entertainment with ongoing R&D efforts that have contributed meaningful software applications to our community. As a multi talented collective of thought leaders, DigitalFilm Tree is hoping to add another super hero to our team in our Creative Services department.
DFT's Creative Services team encompasses Pre Viz, VFX, Editorial, Color, and Online Editorial. This team is responsible for on air content and helping story tellers bring their vision to life even before they've shot a single frame - even helping to bring sets sets into virtual productions, preparing teams for strict Covid protocols, tricky action sequences and production design. This team is known for impeccable attention to detail. Every member lives by check lists, meticulous calendars and detailed, contextualized communication with one another and our clients to see the team as a whole to a successful finish. Schedules, Budget, Speed, Efficiency and Kindness matter deeply to us, so they should be core values for any candidate,
The in VFX Coordinator will report to DFT's Director of Operations, Creative Services (CS).
Soft Skills we seek:
• Interdisciplinary: meaning we all possess more than one strength across the scope of facility needs (i.e. our CTO is also our Senior Colorist, our Director of Content is also an authority in billing and data security, our Online Editor is also one of our content producers, etc.)
• Clear Communicator: Context is incredibly important to us. Because of the large scope of innovation we put forward, teams could easily lose track of what hand is doing that impacts the other. We prioritize efficiency, but never at the cost of leaving anyone in the dark.
• Endlessly Curious: While we respect advancements being made outside of DFT, we know we have an incredibly gifted team of people in house who are building and have built some of the most progressive M&E platforms in use on cutting edge shows. So we're constantly learning, building, breaking, battle testing and imagining new solutions for our client partners and do our best to remain brand and workflow agnostic. Simply put, we have respect for, but no room for ''traditional'' thinking about industry norms or ''how things have always been done.'' We pioneer and innovate for our clients' biggest challenges.
What we're looking for in this role (in addition to comfort with the above):
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure.
• Experienced in managing heavy volume desk.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with customer service orientation and tone.
• Proven ability to prioritize conflicting tasks and juggle multiple projects
• Handles incoming traffic from vendors as needed; coordinates administrative projects as directed.
• Ability to remain calm and composed in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work within a team atmosphere
• In depth understanding of common file formats and resolutions
• Ability to adjust to changes quickly and open to learning new tools
• Available to work late evenings as needed.
• Understanding of live-action and CG based VFX workflow is a plus
• Previous experience as a VFX Coordinator
• Ftrack, After effects, Nuke, Resolve, File Maker Pro knowledge
• Works closely with VFX Producer and Supervisors to schedule, track and manage the workflow in order to meet deadlines
• Organize Media and meetings, taking notes and following up on information as necessary
• Ensure media database is kept updated daily with notes and key information before departing for the day
• Communicate any client notes or meeting changes to the appropriate team member
• Communicating information quickly and concisely to artists and contractors, vendors and other departments
• Maintain accurate summaries of progress from previous day's work by artists
• Anticipate and communicate issues to Producer and Supervisor to resolve problems promptly
• Manage edits and markups along with editorial department
• Take responsibility for knowing details of schedule and advising accordingly
• Manage resources and communicate clearly within the team members
• Provide superlative support under dead-line driven timelines
• Helping maintain a positive work environment.
+ Scheduling: helping organize and task manage a several person team comprised of in house and freelance talent. You'll help manage time to create work and review the work of others, as well as carve out time to meet with DFT staff and address client needs.
+ Client Facing: Managing high volume client requests and emails. The VFX Coordinator would function as both a gate keeper for and an extension of our Director of Creative Services in the respect of helping manage competing priorities, including, but not limited to: approving shots, receiving notes, clarifying direction, deadline driven versus longer lead time projects. To the best of your ability you would be the buffer and the extension of the CS team to pre vet requests of their time and cue up questions/needs for for timely and well thought out responses.
+ Asset wrangling: clients turn over everything from various SD and HD file formats in addition to plates in different stages of process, or lidar scans and 3D elements or virtual production environments. It would fall to you to stay on top of a client to get those to us, as well as ensure we deliver everything they're expecting as agreed upon.
+ Billing & Payables support: tracking hours, creating pre-bills (Quick Books knowledge helpful, but not imperative), ensuring invoices have been sent to clients by our billing department and assisting the Director of CS with any follow up or changes to the pre-bills or invoices and helping clarify any issues with our billing department.
+ Willingness to learn file formats and craft checklists to ensure both client and artist needs/expectations are met. We don't expect you to know everything coming in, just the willingness to learn.
+ Operations support to the COO
+ Back up coverage/support to Director of Content as approved by COO to ensure smooth hand off from Dailies to Creative Services
+ Business Development engagement with potential clients
+ Back up coverage/support of Front Desk phones/check in when/if in office.
If the above sounds like a team and opportunity you'd enjoy, we're very excited to Zoom with you!