Spring Intern - Music Licensing and Supervision
Jingle PunksNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Our ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the basics of music publishing and licensing; a love for music new and old; wide-ranging knowledge of artists, genres, instruments, techniques within music; enjoy working in a fast-paced environment; have the ability to be discrete about projects in progress; be resourceful; have an interest in working in the music licensing industry whether as a composer/artist or on the business side.
During this internship, the student will:
• ''Tag'' the music within our patented Jingle Player with search term.
• They will assist the catalogue department in identifying music needs and empty search results.
• General office assistance including occasionally answering the phone.
• Opportunity to review licenses and assist the licensing department in projects.
• Help the publishing department with royalties and upkeep of databases.
• Assist music supervisors in building ''bins'' of music for clients' needs
• Help the business development team with special event coordination.
• They will spend the semester working on a long-term project that has been customized to their interests. This project will be presented to the company at the conclusion of their internship.
This is an Unpaid internship and we require that interns receive school credit. This is an in-person internship at our NY office. We provide students with a $20 stipend per day to cover travel expenses and lunch.
We are accepting applications until October 26, 2018, 6:00 p.m. After 10/26, the application process will be closed, and we will contact selected candidates for interviews. Offers will be extended by November 19th.
We prefer interns to work January 14th - May 17th but can be flexible with school schedules. Interns will not be required to come to the office the week of their Spring Break.
Jingle Punks is one of the largest providers of music for media in the world. With a catalog of nearly 500k songs, a staff of music supervisors, composers, technologists and creatives, Jingle Punks offers best-in-class customer service. Whether it's composing for some of the world's biggest brands, music supervising award-winning films, or creating some of the largest marketing campaigns with today's hottest artists, we're able to solve any musical need.
Jingle Punks was founded in 2008 by Jared Gutstadt & Dan Demole in the Lower East Side of Manhattan and now has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Toronto, and London. Jingle Punks strives to rise above the status quo, endeavoring to create unique and innovative musical solutions for our clients. Jingle Punks is owned by Toronto-based rights management company, ole.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online