Documentary Production/Development Coordinator
Iwerks & Co.Santa Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Iwerks & Co., the Academy Award and Emmy-nominated film production company with offices in Santa Monica and New Orleans is seeking a full-time Documentary Production/Development Coordinator to join our filmmaking team. The Prod/Dev. Coordinator is responsible for supporting our shows in various stages of production while being deeply involved with the research and development process for premium doc projects. The ideal candidate has a passion for non-fiction storytelling in both feature and docuseries formats.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Scheduling development calls and managing project assets.
-Manage pitch process: incoming and outgoing pitches, the project submissions, and upkeep of submission logs and development grids.
- Spearhead research efforts for projects in development under the supervision of the executive producer and CEO.
- Bring in new project ideas and form relationships with potential collaborators
- Coordinating projects during the development period: giving notes, creating decks and producing sizzle reels, prepping for pitches, development budgets, and pre-production material.
- Demonstrated understanding of documentary buyers and a finger on the pulse of company-specific project mandates
- Ensure executives are well prepared for meetings by providing research ahead of time
- Prepare correspondence for submissions
- Provide general administrative tasks such as answering phones, faxing, scanning, mailing, filing, and photocopying
- Handle / Follow-Up on Exec. Prod.'s personal items- picking up lunches, orders, making restaurant reservations, booking hotels, dealing with home items, etc.
- Handling monthly corporate payments and personal payments.
-Manage petty cash, credit card statements, and expenses, tracking all deadlines for payments
- Make (infrequent) travel arrangements
- Receive visitors
- Manage development and research tasks: Taking the lead with research and delegating research tasks to other staff and interns
- Respond to information requests from employees, clients, vendors, etc.
- Special projects as requested
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Onboard freelancers in the Development department and track invoices/payments
- Manage the office and handle all office maintenance issues, including general maintenance, stocking the kitchen, and supply ordering
- Previous documentary development and administrative experience; Entertainment Industry experience preferred.
- Strong sense of initiative with the ability to multitask and anticipate developments needs, using a proactive and energetic style
- Highly organized
- Creative ambition and ability to execute well-written and designed pitch decks
- Graphic design experience and extensive Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Documentary fluency
- Knowledge of social media marketing
- Demonstrable capability in producing compelling pitch decks
- Must have excellent communication skills including letter-writing and excellent telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online