Rights and Clearance Coordinator
ITV AmericaSherman Oaks, CA
Full Time Job
• Oversees clearance for multiple series or projects at a time.
• Create release packets depending on network or series type and disperse to production.
• Work with production team to obtain releases such as appearance, location and materials releases.
• Modify and manage any release redline requests.
• Research and license footage and images from various sources including stock footage houses, newspaper headlines, film clips, magazine covers, and social media branding.
• Negotiate fees and third party vendor licenses.
• Collaborate with field team to obtain clearances for third party materials.
• Screen multiple series cuts and network requests such as rough cut, fine cut, pic lock, promos, digital, and web content.
• Review series content for legal, copyright, trademark, music and other clearances.
• Track potential clearance issues throughout the edit process.
• Act as a liaison with legal department to review and approve questionable content.
• Create standards and practices logs incorporating network and legal notes including edit, blurs and beeps.
• Disperse rights and clearances notes so items are addressed in timely manner.
• Provide adequate follow-up and follow-through to ensure outstanding clearance issues are resolved.
• Ensure series episodes are fully cleared during allotted time frame prior to air.
• Work closely with various departments including post, production, finance, legal and field teams throughout the pre-production, production, and post production process.
• Manage deadlines, prioritize tasks and complete expectations within a fast-paced schedule.
• Create and manage show deliverables and provide to network for various milestone and final payments.
• Become familiar with various network portals and corresponding deliverable packets based on the needs of the individual production
• Assist the finance team to ensure all rights bibles, wrap bibles, or other deliverables are approved by the network in a timely manner.
• 1-2 years of television production experience preferably in rights and clearances
• Mac and Google proficient
• Degree qualified or equivalent experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize, organize and establish administrative procedures
• Manage confidential information
• Interact professionally with high-level executives, clients, and talent
• Work as a team player
$40k - 45k
ITV America (ITVA) is the largest independent producer of non-scripted content in America through its production companies Leftfield Pictures, Sirens Media, Loud TV, Outpost Entertainment, and ITV Entertainment. ITVA is a reality television powerhouse with hundreds of hours of cutting-edge and innovative unscripted programming, airing on various major networks. We produce leading content including Hell's Kitchen, Love Island, The Four, Love & Marriage: Huntsville, Pawn Stars, Fixer Upper, and Real Housewives of NJ, just to name a few.
Based in ITV's Sherman Oaks office this role will report to the Director of Rights and Clearances.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online