Summer Intern - Social Media and Marketing
Ironic Music Booking AgencySalisbury, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Ironic Music Booking Agency is the innovative booking agency on the New England music scene. We pride ourselves in differentiating from the 'average' booking agent in that we focus a great deal of attention on social media promotion and marketing of all the gigs we book…unlike any other booking agent around! Ironic Music Booking Agency focuses on booking acts North of Boston up to Southern ME. Our goal is to help musicians broaden their horizons and get more gigs, as well as help venues that are looking to get to know new and different talent.
Ironic is looking for a highly motivated intern interested in learning about social media marketing in the music industry. Candidates must love music, social media and be enthusiastic and computer/internet savvy. As an intern, you would be an essential part of our team and have fun while learning a lot about the industry, assisting with both online and offline campaigns. You will assist with outreach, research and project related tasks. Interns would have specific duties, deadlines and take full responsibility for their projects. A commitment of 15-20 hours per week is required, for a minimum of 4 months. This is a virtual/online position and is an unpaid internship.
The Social Media Intern's foremost priorities, with no order of importance, are as follows:
- Intern will be responsible for tweeting about Ironic's bands/musicians' gigs on Ironic's Twitter page;
- Intern will be responsible for creating & posting on Ironic's Instagram page;
- Intern will utilize Hootsuite to adequately schedule 5-10 tweets per day & 5-10 Instagram posts per day.
- Intern will be responsible for creating & posting on Ironic's Instagram page.
- Self driven and proactive
- Proficient writing and grammar skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet timely deadlines
- Interest in marketing, promotions and social media
- Great familiarity with social networking sites
- Advanced experience with all Office programs
- Timely responses to email, texts & other
- Ability to time manage
- Ability to work remotely
- Keen organizational and multi-tasking skills
All selected candidates will be required to sign a contract prior to beginning a collaboration.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online