Intern - Marketing
Ironic Music Booking AgencyRemote, US
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Ironic Music Booking Agency is an innovative booking agency on the New England music scene. We pride ourselves in differentiating from the 'average' booking agent in that we focus a great deal of attention on social media promotion and marketing of all the gigs we book…unlike any other booking agent around! Ironic Music Booking Agency focuses on helping musicians broaden their horizons and get more gigs, as well as help venues that are looking to get to know new and different talent.
Ironic is looking for a highly motivated intern interested in learning about marketing in the music industry. Candidates must love music, promotions/marketing, social media and be enthusiastic and computer/internet savvy. As an intern, you would be an essential part of our team and have fun while learning a lot about the industry. A commitment of 15-20 hours per week is required, for a minimum of 4 months. This is a virtual/online position and is an unpaid internship.
The Marketing Intern will primarily be responsible for researching and targeting potential new markets for Ironic, from marketing to lead generation to marketing materials. His/her foremost priorities are as follows:
• Conduct research into pre-determined new markets, primarily in the New England area (MA, NH, ME, CT, VT, RI)
• Research the markets to their fullest extent including competition.
• Build a detailed database of the targeted markets.
• Assist in the development of marketing materials for this market, as well as review/generate new e-marketing ideas for Client.
• Assist Client overall in generating new business, which includes but is not limited to identifying new venues, in Client's aforementioned area; researching contact info; et. al.
The intern may also be requested to participate in the following tasks, on an as-needed/if available basis:
• Assist in drafting/writing band promo sheets and marketing copy for e-mail blasts and websites, based on Client's standard format.
• Update/improve a detailed database of artists which Client represents, including all of their updated info. Gather necessary promo information on artists to be used in marketing, promotion and/or other.
• Research new markets where Client could potentially propose her musicians/bands to perform (mainly in New England).
• Intern will also be responsible in assisting the Client in discovering, soliciting and signing musicians to be booked as well as participate in and learn about contract negotiation with the bands to be signed. Client is by no means obligated to consider, accept and sign the bands/musicians which Music Booking Intern presents.
• Post a brief description of gigs as booked by Client on-line, to a number of websites. List to be provided by Client. Intern may also be asked to assist in researching additional sites to promote Client's gigs and/or services.
• Fill-in online forms in order to generate buzz and get the Clients' musicians' gigs promoted in the most efficient, effective and timely manner possible.
- Self driven and proactive
- Proficient writing and grammar skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet timely deadlines
- Interest in marketing, promotions and social media
- Great familiarity with online digital marketing
- Advanced experience with all Office programs
- Timely responses to email, texts & other
- Ability to time manage
- Ability to work remotely
- Keen organizational and multi-tasking skills
All selected candidates will be required to sign a contract prior to beginning a collaboration.
unpaid virtual/online internship
- why you think you are a good fit for the internship?
- which of the tasks best suit you and why?
- What are you looking to get out of an internship at Ironic?
- When are you available to begin and how much time are you (really) available to commit to weekly?
- Do you have prior remote working/learning/internship experience? If so, please expand. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online