Intern - Communications & PR
Ironic Music Booking AgencySalisbury, MA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Communications & PR Intern
This is a PART TIME Unpaid Virtual / Online Internship
Location: North Shore
Ironic is looking for a highly motivated intern interested in learning about the music and entertainment industries. Candidates must love music, social media and be enthusiastic and computer/internet savvy. As an intern, you would be an essential part of our team and have fun while learning a lot about the entertainment industry, assisting with both online and offline campaigns. You will assist with outreach, research and project related tasks. Interns would have specific duties, deadlines and take full responsibility for their projects as well as receive an incentive bonus based on performance. Interns will also be responsible for writing marketing copy for e-mail blasts and websites, so strong writing skills are required. A commitment of 15-20 hours per week is required; this is a telecommuting/online position.
-Self driven and proactive
-Excellent work ethic
-Interest in marketing, promotions, social media, and developing technologies
-Great familiarity with social networking sites
-Advanced experience with all Office programs
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and HTML a plus/preferred
- Excellent writing skills
The intern's responsibilities, with no order of importance/priority, are as follows:
• Assist in the research, planning and implementation of PR campaigns;
• Intern will be responsible for Tweeting about Ironic's bands/musicians' gigs on Ironic's Twitter page utilizing Hootsuite to schedule approx. 10 posts every day consisting of RT's, upcoming gig info, music industry news, technology, quotes, etc., as approved by Client;
• Intern will be responsible for assisting in increasing Ironic's client's (Hideaway Pub) followers on Twitter utilizing Hootsuite to schedule approx. 10 posts every day consisting of RT's, upcoming venue entertainment info, bar industry news, quotes, etc., as approved by Client;
• Assist in drafting/writing press releases, band promo sheets and marketing copy for e-mail blasts and websites, based on Client's standard format, as well as send out press releases to the appropriate press for Ironic's upcoming gigs (10-14 days prior to gig date);
• Post a brief description of gigs as booked by Client on-line, to a number of websites. List to be provided by Client. Intern may also be asked to assist in researching additional sites to promote Client's gigs and/or services.
• Research, generate and keep up to date a detailed database of radio station/press contacts, mainly in the areas where Client operates, with the goal of assisting in generating PR/radio play for the musicians/bands represented by Client, including contacting (phone & email) local radio stations around artists' gig dates to promote the gig;
• S/he will also be required to draft press releases, concert notifications, as well as fill-in online forms in order to generate buzz and get the Clients' musicians' gigs promoted in the most efficient, effective and timely manner possible;
• The Intern may also be required to research and generate new promo/PR ideas for the Client, re. the agency itself, as well as the bands/musicians represented by Client.
• S/he may also be involved in the writing of marketing copy for e-mail blasts and websites.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online