Fall Intern - Awards Department
International Academy of TV Arts & SciencesNew York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Essential Job Functions: Research, Coordination, and Administration related to assisting the Emmy® Judging Manager. Includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with juror research
- Performing heavy data entry and file keeping
- Handling all domestic and international shipments related to the department
- Managing inventory of nominee medals and award statues
- Monitoring the Awards Department email
- Reviewing and organizing submitted nominee materials, including images and video files
- Providing support at Academy events
The ideal candidate should:
• Be computer proficient, possessing database knowledge and comfortable with Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Have excellent communication and organizational skills
• Have excellent grammar and writing skills
• Be detail oriented. Strong research skills and accuracy in information gathering are a must
• Be able to multi-task and work under pressure
• Be proactive and team oriented
• Be culturally sensitive. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
• Be available 3 days a week
This is not a paid position. Applicants MUST be able to receive college credit.
The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences is a membership-based organization comprised of leading media and entertainment figures from over 60 countries and 500 companies from all sectors of television including internet, mobile and technology. The Academy's yearly schedule of events includes the prestigious International Emmy® Awards held in New York, The International Emmy® Kids Awards at MIPTV and a series of industry events such as Academy Day, The International Emmy® World Television Festival, and Panels on substantive industry topics. The International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences recognizes excellence in television produced outside of the United States, as well as US Primetime programs produced in languages other than English, with the prestigious Emmy® Award. Currently celebrating programming across varied areas including: Arts Programming, Current Affairs, Comedy, Documentary, Drama Series, News, Non-Scripted Entertainment, Short-From Series, Telenovela, and TV Movie/Mini-Series, it also recognizes excellence in Performances and Kids Programming.
*Local NYC Candidates Only* * No Phone Calls Please*
Please note, interviews will not be conducted until early July.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online