Administrative Assistant / Production Coordinator
Interloper FilmsPasadena, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Search for Administrative Assistant / Production Coordinator jobs in Pasadena-CA
We are seeking a motivated Production Coordinator to provide administrative and coordinate high-end support to Interloper Films and its founder Ondi Timoner.
INTERLOPER FILMS is an international award-winning full-service production company founded by acclaimed filmmaker Ondi Timoner. Best known for her films about ''impossible visionaries'' - people who naturally push boundaries, and films that take on massive subjects impacting society from predictive and unique points of view. She has the rare distinction of winning the Grand Jury Prize at Sundance twice, for DIG! & WE LIVE IN PUBLIC e Live in Public. Both reside in the permanent collection of MoMA NY. Timoner was recently nominated for an Emmy for Exceptional Merit for her 2022 film LAST FLIGHT HOME, which was also Shortlisted for the Oscar, and she received the prestigious Visionary Award for Observational Filmmaking from DocNYC. Interloper develops & produces original feature length documentaries and narrative films, non-fiction television series, web series, & award-winning short films.
Interloper Films's catalog of distinguished features includes: Emmy-Nominated LAST FLIGHT HOME, about Ondi's father Eli Timoner's extraordinary life & intentional death, which premiered at Sundance 2022 and was acquired by MTV Documentary Films for a fall theatrical release; the award-winning feature COMING CLEAN (2020) about solutions to the opioid epidemic; BRAND: A Second Coming (Opening Film, SXSW 2015) about the evolution of comedian/author/activist Russell Brand; COOL IT (TIFF Premiere / Roadside Attractions 2010) about solutions to climate change; WE LIVE IN PUBLIC (Sundance Grand Jury Prize, 2009) about the Internet's impact on privacy & intimacy; the award-winning JOIN US (2007) about mind control; DIG! (Sundance Grand Jury Prize, 2004) about the collision of art & commerce through the eyes of rival bands; award-winning film THE NATURE OF THE BEAST (1994) about Bonnie Jean Foreshaw and the massive miscarriage of justice perpetrated on her; a 10-hour nonfiction series JUNGLETOWN about building ''the world's most sustainable town,'' aired on Viceland in 2017 to rave reviews.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years experience in the entertainment industry or as a personal assistant in the industry or and an interest in unscripted/scripted development to eventually become a producer - with a desire to learn all aspects of production, and post-production. Interest in documentaries highly preferred.
This role is the central nervous system of the company, and will require wearing many hats from personal assistant to production coordinator throughout the day in unscripted/scripted development. We're looking for someone extremely organized, detail-oriented, familiar with quickbooks and ideally able to use the photoshop/Adobe suite - someone who can thrives in a fast-paced environment. This job requires a lot of correspondence with people, so it is important to have good communication skills. You'll have a direct interface with the Director and Producer of the films. This is a no task too big, no task too small position! environment. The role could expand to include helping with other projects and internal office needs.
Candidates should be versed in budgets, tracking expenses for the bookkeeper, managing a team, detail-oriented, driven to problem solve, and work independently. The position offers a unique opportunity to work closely with a critically-acclaimed writer/director/producer/editor in a laid-back yet driven environment. Someone who loves multi-tasking and thrives on organizing at a fast pace will excel in this position.
- Managing receipts/credit card statements, invoices, and supporting final project deliverables.
- Track all expenses and create expense reports, manage receipts & credit card statements and regularly communicate with accounting team, production team, and personal correspondences
- Provide coordination support for shoots and managing post production teams, for projects across all disciplines within the company
- Assist with making creative documents, such as development decks, grants and presentations.
- Manage calendars, schedules and conference calls
- Organize meetings and appointments
- Create call sheets, source crew/equipment, and other things necessary to keep shoots on track
- Coordinate all domestic and international travel
- Handle other miscellaneous duties, special events and projects assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- A clear sense of time management and ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently; highly organized
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and bookkeeping experience - HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful, flexible and exhibit confidence under pressure
- Possess excellent follow through skills
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Mac & Windows: iCloud, iPhone, AppleTV, Macbook Pro, Ipad, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Savviness in all forms of social media a plus
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Premiere, Avid and DSLR cameras
- Ability to simultaneously handle individual tasks while maintaining perspective on the bigger picture
- Team player with positive/easy-going manner to handle varied personalities, responsibilities and assignments
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Previous experience as an executive secretary, administrative assistant, or in other related fields
- Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters both professional and personal
Bachelor's degree in Film/Media, Communications, Business or related field.
Previous entertainment industry experience as an assistant preferred.