Chief of Staff
Interactive Advertising Bureau, Inc.New York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Advertising Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Chief of Staff jobs in New York-NY
IAB is seeking an ambitious, energetic and entrepreneurial Chief of Staff to join the organization. This individual will provide critical operational support to the CEO and executive leadership team to enable efficient and effective operations. They will provide guidance and leadership around execution of IAB strategic imperatives, deliver on the company operating plan, and enable informed business decisions. The Chief of Staff will serve as a coordinator of executive-level decision-making, ensuring the organization has the necessary resources and capacity to meet its objectives.
This role is unique and new at IAB; it drives key initiatives in support of and on behalf of the CEO and executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will know the digital media, marketing data and technology industries along with the current challenges and opportunities. They will be a world-class communicator with outstanding organizational and operational skills, have the proven ability to work independently, pick up quickly on new things, and have a track record of delivering exceptional results.
- Act as key business liaison to CEO and executive leadership team
- Fully understand digital industry challenges/opportunities to provide strategic input to business planning and operations
- Create synergy across all facets of the organization including Centers of Excellence, Member Engagement & Development, Public Policy, Legal, Research, Marketing, Events, Learning & Development, Program Management and Operations
- Facilitate optimal operation of committees, councils and working groups
- Work to streamline operations, evaluate alternative directions to achieve optimum organizational performance and re-engineer to consistently improve results
- Collaborate across departments to create new solutions and services for members - optimize current offerings and suggest new approaches
- Ensure projects are aligned with organizational culture and values
- Support the productivity of executive leadership meetings by owning the planning, agenda, notes and follow-up items
- Own and continuously improve company operating cadence (e.g. executive team meetings, all hands, product development, operational check-in meetings, etc.)
- Project manage preparation and creation of materials for Board meetings and extended Board activities (nominating committee, executive committee, etc.)
-Provide strategic counsel to CEO in order to foster the most productive, engaging and satisfying experience for employees, members and industry partners
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in Business Management or Operations
- B.A./ B.S in relevant field, MBA preferred
- Six Sigma training or similar program concentrating on process improvement
- Project management experience, including PMP or other certification
- Skilled in creating and presenting key material to members of the executive team to ensure alignment in planning and implementation of key initiatives
- Ability to work well with executives, and able to lead and influence across multiple levels and functions of an organization
- Level of attention to detail that is second to none
Other Personal Characteristics:
- Inspiring: Energizes individuals to strive towards a compelling vision of the future by embracing and embodying shared values and goals.
- Emotional intelligence/Interpersonal savvy: Attuned to perceptions and how others feel and can leverage that insight to manage communication and behaviors. Appreciates the impact of messaging and behaviors on others and adapts actions to achieve goals. Demonstrates listening skills and empathy, working effectively with people of different backgrounds and with diverging interests.
- Executive Presence: Builds credibility and exerts influence beyond formal authority by portraying a professional image and presenting ideas in a clear, confident manner.
- Relationship building/Organizational architect: Builds and leverages mutually beneficial relationships and networks and strategic alliances, both internally and externally, which generate opportunities for the mutual benefit of all parties.
- Integrity: Being honest, forthright and having a strong moral compass. Transparent, and keeping colleagues and stakeholders apprised of activities and developments. Knows how to effectively communicate news, whether good or bad, in a timely fashion.