Data Storyteller/Data Visualization
Intelligent MediaWest Hollywood, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Data Storyteller/Data Visualization jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Intelligent Media Data Storyteller/Data Visualization
About the job
Intelligent Media is a global media monitoring and analytics company for public relations, marketing and communications professionals. Our goal is to enable organizations to have more curated monitoring service along with demonstrating our unique offerings. IMs service enables sports, entertainment, consumer and global brands to monitor publicity whether it be a campaign, sponsorship, film or TV release along with analytics and insights.
Owner owned, global capabilities servicing the domestic and international markets, and growing quickly We value our can do attitude, boutique approach & customer devotion to provide a very bespoke and individual offering for all our clients.
We have been around for over 10 years are now entering a rapid growth cycle and we are now looking for an ambitious Data Storyteller/Data Visualization to join our small but growing team.
You will work closely with MD to generate opportunities through all potential markets. You should be excited about working in a fast-paced sales environment where you'll be the first ''face'' of IM to prospective customers, representing our team and brand.
You will be working for our LA office along with home working. This role will require you to be within minimum travel distance to our LA office (West Hollywood). (please do not apply if you will relocate for the position)
What you will do?
Working closely with our Chairman and MD and business partners, you will come up with ways to tell stories graphically that help bring our data insights to life:
• Uncover data trends and weave critical information together to create a compelling narrative, tapping into creativity to engage and inform our audiences using visualization tools
• Initiate and create data-driven thought leadership with a visual storyteller's mindset
• Obtain a deep understanding of the film and entertainment industry, and drive data solutions and capabilities that create value for the business
• Assist in documenting business requirements for solution development by effectively articulating and summarizing business reporting needs
• Modify reports to optimize user experience and dashboard memory consumption for other data set transformations
• Perform ongoing data validations to ensure product and data quality
• Write SQL programs/stored procedures to extract data into reporting layer
• Manage customer's and business stakeholder's expectations regarding ongoing and future product development efforts
• Continually monitor enhancements to BI tools or emerging technologies for potential value
This job might be for you if:
• You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data & Analytics or related field with proficiency in SQL
• You have 2+ years of development and deployment experience
• You love telling visually captivating stories through data
• You are fluent in all things Microsoft Excel including its full array of formulas, pivot tables, graphs, etc. (VBA knowledge is a plus)
• You pay attention to details. Things rarely fall through the cracks with you
• You like to learn new things and can learn quickly
• You communicate clearly, speaking eloquently and writing well
• You have the ability to move beyond raw data to get to the ''Why'' and eventually to the ''What should we do'' of a problem
• You are motivated and driven. You take ownership of your work and volunteer for new challenges without being asked
• You enjoy working in a dynamic environment and know how to roll with the punches
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our SDR role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
• 30 min Zoom interview with the MD
• A 1 hour in person interview with the MD
• A written assignment
• Final interview
• References calls & a background check
The base salary is negotiable as we will require project work to begin with.
Offices and Remote Work, We're a fully hybrid team with physical offices in London and Los Angeles and have employees around the world.
Personal & Professional Development. We are a small boutique company with big clients, such as Apple, Disney, Spotify, Amazon. Our size enables us to be fast to market with new and fresh ideas and we have clear protectory for sales growth of which you will be part of from the beginning. We are a very easy-going company with a team of only 40 plus.