Intern - Legal
Intellectual Capital Management & Services, Inc.Los Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Internship Start Date/Season: February 1 or as soon as possible Internship Duration: Spring semester Time/Days Required: Flexible Workplace
Flexible, in person preferred
This is a non-compensated (unpaid) internship position in Los Angeles, California. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in sports law, sportsmarketing, real estate law and/or investments and possible investment marketing, money management and/or business management in general and/or for professional athletes. Opportunity involves interfacing with attorneys, bankers, real estate agents, and professional athletes.
Intern duties might include:
- Reporting directly to the President or Vice President
- Reporting directly to the Supervising Attorney
- Assisting outside counsel on legal matters such as drafting discovery requests, drafting rental lease agreements, public records research, drafting memoranda regarding active legal developments and cases, and E-filing.
- Helping provide management services for athletes and coaches requiring relocation assistance and facilitate community involvement/visibility in joining their new teams
Desired Skills and/or Qualifications: (although not necessarily required)
1. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and an ability to establish professional
relationships with and interact effectively with others;
2. Ability to work creatively and effectively in an environment with multiple tasks, short
deadlines, and changing priorities;
3. Demonstrated skill in the use of computer software in a windows environment. Including
but not limited to Westlaw, Lexis/Nexis, and Microsoft Office applications as well as various
field specific programs such as the MLS, Legal Solutions, etc.;
4. Demonstrated experience working under general direction, being punctual and
maintaining excellent work attendance;
5. Demonstrated experience working consistently and effectively under pressure and with
persons under pressure while maintaining a composed and rational demeanor and exhibiting a
high level of professionalism;
6. Skill in coordinating complex projects, calendars and schedules;
7. Skills to organize, motivate and work effectively as part of a team;
8. Demonstrated personal integrity and experience in maintaining strict confidentiality,
including knowledge of attorney client privilege and other confidentially laws;
9. Proven research and writing skills, with experience in drafting/revising documents.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online