Industrial Light & MagicSydney, NS
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company’s four studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a VFX Producer to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The VFX Producer is responsible for collaborative oversight of bidding and production of Sydney-based work as well as partnering with the EIC, Sydney Studio on ensuring ILM strategies and initiative progress forward. Responsibilities include the proactive problem-solving and collaboration required for success, with oversight of budgets and schedules, ensuring work is produced to the quality and standards requested by the client on time and on budget, identifying best practices and approaches as needed, while advising on the strategy for potential new work.
• Meet with clients to review scripts, breakdowns and storyboards for a specific project.
• Partner with key creatives to develop the show approach plan and provide clients with estimates of budget and schedule requirements needed to complete the work.
• Prepare bid letter, key dates schedule, and assumptions for the work of a specific project.
• Share responsibility for the success of the entire ILM portfolio by proactively managing schedule; utilizing ILM’s global resources and 3rd party partners, where appropriate.
• During production, serve as Principal Sydney contact for non-creative issues, tracking and reporting progress of work, budgeting and negotiating cost of work, and delivering cost/schedule changes to ensure client is updated as needed. Responsible for assigned show / scope of Sydney work P&L.
• Maintains overall production schedule and manage budget for assigned show(s).
• Brings production issues to the attention of EIC, Production, producers and management as needed; helps to resolve facility issues with ILM Sydney HR Manager and others, as needed.
• In conjunction with ILM Sydney Talent Managers, staff productions effectively.
• Partner with production accounting to ensure financial accuracy of the show progression
• Participates in bi-weekly Production & Tactical Capacity meetings and portfolio meetings as appropriate. Evaluates changes in schedule, body of work and provides advice on solutions for resource capacity/utilization and complexity challenges.
• Partners with ILM SF, SINGAPORE, VANCOUVER and LONDON producers to determine communication framework and procedures on projects
• Partners with “HUB” Producer(s) to determine specific turnover requirements and to evaluate incoming turnovers.
• Manage crew performance. Supervise assigned production staff, providing timely performance feedback to Production and Artists at studio.
• Partner with key creative leadership to ensure successful project completion
/ Technical Competencies
• Proven track record of successfully working in Visual Effects Producer capacity on several major productions at a facility (6 years)
• Proven track record in bidding and client management
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills including: Word, Excel, Google suite
• Experience with databases and a wide range of production management tools (such as Shotgun, Filemaker Pro, MS Project)
• Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
• 10 years’ hands-on digital production experience
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.