Industrial Light & MagicLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The Technical Assistant position is an exciting opportunity for a
technical individual who enjoys problem solving and a passion for cutting edge
technology to contribute across all aspects of production at ILM. This position
provides assistance directly to artists and production staff and works closely with
production and software engineers to enable the success and efficiency of the
What you'll do:
• Troubleshooting and dynamic problem solving for layout, animation,
lighting, and post-production workflows
• Image/Media handling, including conversion, manipulation, quality control,
and playback for visual reviews
• Render troubleshooting and queue management
• Data management, including monitoring/cleanup of disk space usage, file
transfer, and quality assurance
• Communication between artists, production, and technical groups for the
timely resolution of any issues affecting production.
• Data archival and restores
• Automation of common tasks and reports to improve efficiency of all
aspects of the production pipeline
What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
• Aesthetic eye and/or artistic background highly desired.
• Proven knowledge of and experience with Windows and UNIX/Linux
• Professional experience programming (i.e. C/C++) and scripting language
experience (i.e. Python, Perl) a must.
• Understanding of, and experience with, 3D modeling/animation software
(i.e. Maya) highly desired.
• Familiarity with film, video and animation post production and/or computer
graphics techniques highly desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong social
skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities.
• Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
• Highly motivated. Career focus for animation, visual effects, or games
• • •