Summer Paid Intern - Lucasfilm, Information Technology ,
Industrial Light & MagicSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/3/2023 10:41:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Paid Intern - Lucasfilm, Information Technology , jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Summer Paid Intern - Lucasfilm, Information Technology , postings
Full Time Paid Internship
Am I Eligible?
• At the time of application, you must be enrolled in an accredited college/university, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
• Must possess unrestricted work authorization
• Must provide full work availability
• Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May/June - August/September 2023
• Interns must be fully available for the duration of a 12-week assignment.
• Please note the safety and well-being of our teams is very important to us. Based on government recommendations, we will determine whether this program will be in-person at our Burbank, CA studio or virtual in the coming months.
Lucasfilm IT Operations is an IT support organization that works closely with all Lucasfilm divisions, including production, corporate, and Disney business segments. This team delivers all IT services, including desktop support, networking, telephony, and back-end services.
• Build/test/deploy desktop systems (Windows and Mac).
• Contribute to daily operational tasks, including inventory, ticket management, and general troubleshooting.
• Assist as needed with work in the data center, including racking systems, patching, and inventory control.
Potential Projects Include:
• Assist Department in ensuring production technology is ready for Feature Production. Intern(s) would help with testing new products and technology used by our feature production group as part of a larger project team.
• Work with various technology departments to audit infrastructure, plus assist in deploying new systems and servers. Assist in ensuring technology refresh cycle projects are completed.
• Assist in Data Center Operational Tasks, including network wiring, system upgrades, and refreshes.
• Contribute to operational improvements within the team, such as developing scripts to solve task-related problems, reviewing existing services, and reporting on findings to team leads.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
• Strong time management skills; Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings
• You have proven knowledge and experience with Windows and Mac Operating Systems
• Programming and scripting experience, particularly in Java or Python
• Knowledge of Linux Distributions
• Familiarity with film and video postproduction and/or computer graphics techniques
• Database knowledge
The pay rate for this internship is $40.00 per hour.
• • •