Senior Technical Support Specialist
Industrial Light & MagicMumbai, MH
This was removed by the employer on 10/17/2023 1:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Technical Support Specialist jobs in Mumbai-MH
Search all Senior Technical Support Specialist postings
Full Time Job
The youngest of all the ILM studios, the India studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company's five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM India, we are seeking a Senior Technical Support Specialist to be one of the first members of our team and be a key part of this exciting opportunity.
The Senior Technical Support Specialist provides high-performance operations assistance and field support work for the ILM production environment. As a senior in the team they will onboard, lead and guide the other Technical Support Specialists and partner with the IT Manager on the structure and output of the team.
What You'll Do
• Supervise the Technical Support Specialist within the team
• Partner with other IT teams to ensure studio requests are managed effectively
• Partner with the IT Manager to develop the Desk top team and strategy to assist the studio
• Efficient installation and configuration of software as well as troubleshooting and repair of malfunctioning software in a Linux and Windows environment.
• Manage end user expectations and systems issues using technical and client service skills.
• Manage and review the existing processes, identify areas for improvement and propose achievable solutions.
• Manage the ongoing process creation, improvement discussions and projects in both an individual and group setting.
• Manage break-fix expectations with staff and effectively communicate changes accordingly.
• Manager the setup and upgrade computer systems in a networked environment with minimum end user interruption.
• Persistently research and recommend hardware and software solutions as needed.
• Properly integrate devices such as printers, scanners, and digitizing tablets with Linux, Macintosh and Windows systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair, or arrange for repair of, defective computer equipment.
• Actively communicate the status of issues and projects in progress to concerned parties on a timely basis.
• Identify and recommend solutions to technical issues as needed.
• Document and communicate system support issues with end users, IT staff, and management.
• Must be willing to participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
• Perform special projects as needed.
What We're Looking For
• 4-6 years of desktop support experience in a fast-paced production environment.
• At least a Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent technical verbal and written skills.
• Experience assisting 3D artists and software developers or working in a creative environment is a plus.
• Excellent knowledge of technology and the role of the client in relation to the larger IT infrastructure.
• Strong skills in Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily) and/or Macintosh operating system (OSX). Command line experience required. Remote management and scripting experience helpful.
• Windows 7 or 10 operating systems experience a plus.
• Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers and customers.
• A driven, self-starter, energetic, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
• Team player that strives to maximize team/department performance.
• Detailed-oriented and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
• Able to manage time effectively, triage and prioritize based on production needs.
• A+ Certification or MCDST Certification is a plus.
• Able to lift 50lbs on a regular basis.
• • •