Senior Production Finance Analyst
Industrial Light & MagicSydney, NS
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Senior Production Finance Analyst to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Senior VFX Production Finance Analyst is a seasoned individual responsible for the handling of complex production finance work for specific project(s), which requires a strong understanding of accounting principles. Works with discretion as to work details on assignments of a varied nature. Provides general and specialized analysis and reporting. Using their expertise, Is able to effectively guide VFX Producers, production staff, and other departments including general accounting, legal, and FP&A to assure accounting standards are met.
• Maintains assigned production accounting records.
• Strategically partners with Executive Producers and VFX Producers in managing multi currency budgets for multiple projects ranging from $1m to $100m. Directing financial analysts in other ILM studios to meet reporting deadlines and financial targets.
• Train and/or mentor Junior members of the team
• Prepares and reports scenario planning and cost projections, including estimating various regional tax incentives. Actively highlights potential issues and recommendations
• Provides guidance on unique and/or complex accounting matters to Production Management
• Responsible for accurate month end financial reporting, project forecasts to be included in the consolidated ILM Forecasts and Plan, and maintaining records for audit and variance explanation. Highlights issues, variances, and explanations in advance.
• Prepares and presents quarterly project status presentations for Executive management and show key creatives. Highlights potential improvements and issues in current reporting to department leads.
• Prepares routine weekly and complex ad hoc financial reporting to Exec Producers, Producers, and Executives
• Prepares billing detail and information for invoicing on contracts and rebillable projects.
• Works closely with other ILM departments including Business Affairs to ensure accuracy of information in Contracts, Talent Management, General Accounting, FP&A, Technology, etc to ensure accurate information flow between departments
• Is an active participant in the global finance department by providing input and lead projects to improve processes and enforce best practices.
• Analyzes data and creates summarizes and visual representations to make complex analysis easy to digest. Suggests/drives standard departmental reporting.
• Works with other ILM facilities in developing budgets, EFC, and weekly status reports.
• Other responsibilities to support the facility as a whole as assigned.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• An understanding of the Visual Effects production process is a plus, but not required
• An energetic, resourceful, and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation. Ability to handle multiple tasks within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Focused on continuing improvements to the organization in striving for excellence.
• Must be flexible, adaptable to working in a creatively driven environment. Handles challenging issues with diplomacy. Able to facilitate cross-functional problem-solving.
• Strategic business partnering approach. Open and direct communication style, good listening skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly motivated, seasoned and self-assured.
• A well developed sense of humor which helps to bring perspective and energy to the team.
• Degree/Diploma in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Five or more years experience in the entertainment industry with production finance/accounting in a multi-currency environment.
• Expert proficiency in Excel.
• Experience with IT applications such as Oracle (Oracle Projects.) TM1 experience is a plus.
At Lucasfilm/ILM we believe that diversity, inclusion and belonging are integral to our company. We are at our best when our people at all levels reflect the vast life experiences of our audiences, and we thrive when ideas and decisions from all are valued and represented. If you are passionate about the role, but don't fit every criteria of the posting, we encourage you to still apply. We want to hear your story .
• • •